  • What have Austrians been wrong about?

    1. What have Austrians been wrong about in general? 2. What have Austrians wrongly predicted? 3. What have Austrians wrongly predicted that Keynesians have correctly predicted?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Austen on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Are overvaluated currencies the problem?

    So, I have a teacher that says that Brazil should devaluate his currency in order to grow its manufacturing industry. As Peter Schiff previously pointed out, the USD is more and more devaluated towards other currencies and the trade deficit is bigger and bigger. So I told that to my teacher. The answer...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rafamp on Sat, Oct 15 2011
  • Can anyone help me deconstruct this Statist nonsense?

    "since the new deal and Keynesianism failed to end the great depression" That's patently and demonstrably not true. Government spending during WW2 put people to work, put money in their pockets, stimulated private spending and investment, created demand for more products, created the middle...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Redmond on Wed, Jun 29 2011
  • I'm curious how many here have read the alternatives?

    I'm aware that many people here have read Human Action . Many here have read A History of Money and Banking in the United States . Some have even read Principles of Economics . A few Capital and Interest . We're all very familiar with the Austrian canon. But how many of you lot have read the...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JadedRailman on Sun, Jun 5 2011
  • Why I Am Not An Austrian Economist by Brian Caplan

    I have a friend who doesn't have the knowledge yet to answer this guy and I can't really check it over for another few hours, although I'm sure it's full of fallacies, false dichotomies and unsupported assertions - I find that non-Austrians are generally devoid of the ability to think...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Woody on Fri, Feb 25 2011
  • Resources on the Austrian-Keynesian-Chicagoan Divide

    I have been having some conversations with friends that are immersed in the dominant economic schools of Keynesianism and Chicagoasm. It tends to end up with fallacious criticisms such as that the dominant schools are dominant for a reason, and things of this nature: "‎"To all of you Austrian...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, Feb 3 2011
  • Why Obama will sink the economy - the ecological perspective

    Important: to read this comment you will have some basic knowledge about the (somewhat tricky) concept of „ecological footprint“*. I will begin with an important distinction „relative poverty' compared to „absolute poverty“. Historically seen the term relative poverty...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Nadjeschda on Mon, Nov 1 2010
  • Looking for feedback on document

    I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess. It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago. I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent Cate on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • Understanding Stimulus Spending

    I understand the need for sound money. That hit me as clear as a punch on the nose, so there’s no need to go into that at all. What I want to do is understand why carefully targeted ‘stimulus spending’ is necessarily bad, both under a gold standard and under fiat money. I’m going...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mark on Sun, Apr 11 2010
  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >