Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Single Question Litmus Test

    It has probably been about 10 years since I found Austrian Economics and Libertarianism. Watching the news - so many folks talk like Misesians (less like Rothbardians) - but are ultimately just co-opting the philosophy, or aping the popular themes. The main tenet of strict libertarianism seems to be...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Doug on Wed, Mar 9 2011
  • Best Fiction (Books or Movies) With a Theme of Freedom

    I feel like this could end up being a fun post. I still haven't read Atlas Shrugged, but I've heard from everyone that it's a great book and promotes the free market. What are some other good books and movies that support the idea of a free society. Only fiction, please. However, if you know...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sat, Jun 26 2010
  • Your Thoughts on Reason Magazine

    What are folks thoughts on Reason Magazine. I personally enjoy reading them, although I don't agree with every point made. Brian Doherty is an excellent speaker and writer and I enjoy Drew Carey using a bit of humor to poke holes into the current approach to infrastructure and our Drug War. Their...
    Posted to General (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Wed, Mar 5 2008
  • Re: "Pay Your Air Share" - Libertarian think tank advocates carbon taxes!

    Kakugo: this whole "greenhouse gases" thing seems to have driven usually rational persons into hysteria. Even Libertarians. How interesting that you should note that. But does it not cut the other way? Dolan, in his linked essay, cites Hayek’s 1960 essay, “Why I am Not a Conservative” (1960...
    Posted to General (Forum) by TokyoTom on Thu, Feb 14 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)