Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • In regards to more free or less free podcast

    This is one of the worst things I have heard on any website. Jeff Riggenbach is clearly a left-libertarian by celebrating the end of anti-miscegeneation laws, anti-abortion laws, and sodomy laws. He also states that things are getting steadily better for liberty in America just by pointing out the aforementioned...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paleolibertarian on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • All Mises U content now available through Bit Torrent

    I thought this would be a good way of spreading our message freely, further, and faster. I arranged all information within the torrent exactly as it was downloaded from the beautifully-arranged Mises U that you have implemented on iTunes. I thought this additional format of delivery would be handy for...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mattthetalker on Fri, Mar 5 2010
  • FAQ - Looking for a generalised FAQ, with Answers!

    Hi I'm looking for a Generalised FAQ from the Libertarian viewpoint. Where the commonly asked questions (eg; Doesn't Tax help the people? Don't we need Government, But I thought without Government there wouldn't be [law, education, hospitals, police, military etc.]? But Democracy works...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Panarchy on Sat, Feb 27 2010
  • "Austrian" and libertarian professors in Germany

    Hello everybody! One quick though urgent question: Do any of you know any professors in Germany, who would be willing to tutor a PhD candidate regarding an "austrian" thesis? Any professors at all in Germany who are even "austrian friendly"? Thank you all. Santiago "Desperate"...
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Santiago Dussan on Wed, Feb 24 2010
  • From Greek Philosophy to Swedish Serfdom

    I had a chat with my 10 yo daughter yesterday. We started with discussing philosophy in general and ended up with me breaking it to my daughter, not so gently: We are serfs: But dad, Sweden is free! Remember that I'm all new to Austrianism and libertarianism, so if you spot inconsistencies, please...
    Posted to General (Forum) by PEZ on Thu, Feb 18 2010
  • So how does one defeat the bandits?

    I've read plenty of information detailing how much alike violently enforced compulsory government is to a variety of pleasantries such as parasites to bandits. There have been plenty of arguments made to favor a world without thieves and robbers masquerading as kings and nobles. When it comes time...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Goddard Elliott Lewko on Wed, Feb 10 2010
  • YouTube resources.

    I thought I would share some interesting YouTube channels that offer serious topics on more than just economics. This stuff ranges from education, to psychology, and other ideas. I believe these folks offer up great discussions, interesting thought experiments, and helpful knowledge for how to help the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Justin Laws on Mon, Jan 11 2010
  • Ivorian tax-free rebel city flourishes

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8446994.stm If you ever had a doubt that liberty leads to greater prosperity...well doubt no more! According to a BBC news article people living in "Soroland" have created a zone with significantly less regulations and taxes on the Ivory Coast. Every libertarian...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by locknroll on Fri, Jan 8 2010
  • On The Subject of Freedom

    An article from my website : How many of you have stopped to consider what the word freedom means? Webster’s defines it as: 1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michael Suede on Wed, Jan 6 2010
  • Continental Convention

    MUST WATCH the Continental Convention 2009!!! Increadible! I was crying while watching the opening ceremonies. And the speaches are great. Not all the speakers are great speakers, but the information is fantastic. All the representatives were elected by their States. It's at www.cc2009.us Strangely...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by cryptocode on Thu, Nov 19 2009
Page 5 of 8 (73 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »