Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Unregulated-- the "Opt Out" Amendment

    Unregulated-- the "Opt Out" Amendment Hi, I am Joseph Friedlander, and I am preparing to run for President in 2012. Before I start making my videos, and preparing my campaign websites, I want to subject some ideas I have had for restored American liberty to the scrutiny (and potshots) of Mises...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jjfriedlander on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Re: Existentialism and Libertarianism

    I have an exestientialist philosophical theory constructed nearly independant from Sarte, soon to be coming on my blog. I've had some exposure to philosophical discourse of those like Sarte, but at the time during my undergrad studies I found it an absolutely incomprehensible string of "catch...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by iawai on Wed, Nov 17 2010
  • In regards to more free or less free podcast

    This is one of the worst things I have heard on any website. Jeff Riggenbach is clearly a left-libertarian by celebrating the end of anti-miscegeneation laws, anti-abortion laws, and sodomy laws. He also states that things are getting steadily better for liberty in America just by pointing out the aforementioned...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paleolibertarian on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • So how does one defeat the bandits?

    I've read plenty of information detailing how much alike violently enforced compulsory government is to a variety of pleasantries such as parasites to bandits. There have been plenty of arguments made to favor a world without thieves and robbers masquerading as kings and nobles. When it comes time...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Goddard Elliott Lewko on Wed, Feb 10 2010
  • On The Subject of Freedom

    An article from my website : How many of you have stopped to consider what the word freedom means? Webster’s defines it as: 1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michael Suede on Wed, Jan 6 2010
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    [NOTE: was unable to log back in under original forum name] Wilderness wrote: "therefore if he hung out here long enough he would have admitted what he stands for is not liberty - but arbitrary despotism, I believe those were his definitions." Sir, what I stand for is Liberty, and a reasonable...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PatriotforFreedom on Fri, Aug 21 2009
  • Re: Fair trials?

    [quote user="scineram"] Is that not the reason for jury trial? [/quote] There is no reason we can give that would require any given person to accept the authority of the various state courts, government trials (by jury or not) are invalid because there is no liberty or contract in the arbitration...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Alice on Tue, Aug 18 2009
  • Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Greetings - First, thank you for these scholarly forums -- it is a time when clear thinking is again needed at the forefront of politics and economics. WANTED POLITICAL/ECONOMIC PHILOSOPHERS: Is it time for a " Liberty Manifesto ?" <-- click to download PDF. We will publish the finished...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: What would you do with the EU?

    Secession is the only real hope. Maintain the free trade and common labor market, but get rid of the Euro and leave the political sphere. Losing your sovereignty to a national government is bad, but getting it lost to a multi-national government is even worse.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wanderer on Thu, Jul 23 2009
  • Liberty score ranking countries?

    Meditating on recent events moving my homeland, the (formerly plural "United States of America are ...", and now more often singular "United States of America is ...") toward even more concentration of power in the hands of the central government, my wife and I had discussed where...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bess Lobel on Fri, Jun 26 2009
Page 2 of 3 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >