Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Libertarians and Atheism

    ENEMY OF THE STATE Why would a middle class white boy grow up to be an enemy of the State? That's a question I have asked myself for years. It was not always the case. I grew up like most people, waving the flag and brainlessly regurgitating the mantra that is the Pledge of Allegiance. http://mikewasdin...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mikewasdin on Sun, May 25 2008
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Juan: I am not sure whether you want a real conversation, but given your persistence, I'm willing to take the chance. Was what your score on the Austrian quiz? Mine was 95%. Not that it's that important; it just means I have some idea of what Austrian views are. The Austrian test "answer"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Thu, Apr 17 2008
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Juan , I`m having difficulty continuing to find motivation to respond further in the face of your obtuseness, hostility and zero-sum approach to discussion. Even when we agree, you find a reason to crow and to question my good faith. You appear to not be remotely familiar with Austrian views on "environmental"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Sun, Apr 13 2008
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    hjmaiere: thanks for the engagement. Sorry you`re leaving so soon. Look, I`m strongly opposed to the war, too. But those who started it and are burning through ferocious sums off-budget are the same ones who turned K street into a pork orgy feast while distracting us with loud claims that we need to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Sat, Apr 12 2008
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Indeed private property can deal with pollution problems. Wring - It is the very lack of private property rights relating to open-access resources like the atmosphere that is the source of the problem. As Mises himself points out (see look for the Mises tag on my page), private property rights were developed...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Thu, Apr 10 2008
  • Praxeology and Reactive Actions

    Hello everybody, I'm an undergraduate student of philosophy, economics and sociology at the University of Zurich. Moreover, I'm an associate fellow at the Liberales Institut in Zurich. You can read more about me here . I handed in a paper last week where I criticize the philosophical basis of...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Matthias Jenny on Sun, Feb 3 2008
  • Re: help me design a self-study course in Austrian economics

    i have recently designed the following course for my own use: rigourous introductory study centers around rothbard's 'man, economy, and state', via robert murphy's accompanying study guide as an auxillary map, and with mises' 'human action', 'theory of money and credit'...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by misesstudent on Wed, Oct 31 2007
  • Re: man, economy, and state... still the definitive treatise?

    i don't see how critical reading precludes the existance of essential treatises. Can you name a monograph as instructive as 'human action' or 'man economy and state'?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by misesstudent on Fri, Oct 26 2007
  • Re: Markets internalizing externalities

    Mises specifically refers to externalities. I have a post up on his thoughts and another post with links to other Austrians on environmental matters at my blog. The key point is that every externality is an opportunity and not a zero-sum game. Both sides win if information and transaction costs are reduced...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TokyoTom on Sat, Oct 13 2007
  • Austrian Authors

    Hello, I must admit that most of my knowledge comes from downloaded lectures I did listen to. I recall having listened to Hoppe, Raico, Salerno, Gordon and a view others. So far I peaked into only a few texts of Austrian authors like Boehm-Bawerk, von Wieser. I read the first half of Mengers principles...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Thu, Oct 4 2007
Page 7 of 7 (70 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7