Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Guy says money creates production out of thin air.

    I honestly could not believe my eyes when I read his post. I started to challenge him, and the converstation grew even more ridiculous. I have no idea how to respond anymore. I know what I want to say, I just can't say it right. Here is the conversation, with me and a poster who I will called "Keynes...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, May 27 2011
  • Freegold and AE - Mises, Menger ,Hayek and more

    In " Return to Honest Money " ( http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2011/05/return-to-honest-money.html ), blogger FOFOA discusses the idea of Freegold in the context of some writings from prominet Austrian School economists, focusing on Mises, Menger, Hayek, and in particular Mises' ideas regression...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by J.R. on Thu, May 26 2011
  • Why don't people trade in gold?

    I've been wondering for some time now why people don't currently use gold, silver, platinum, bananas, or whatever as a medium for exchange instead of dollars, euros, yen, etc. Are there laws in place forcing people to trade in dollars? There are plenty of other things available that could be...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Chris on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    Hello Mises, Some of you may have heard of Positive Money, a UK based NGO working on researching and advocating monetary reform. We have recently opened up a forum, please come along and say hello if you're interested in discussion. Click here to visit our forum
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Re: Question about returning to the Gold Standard

    Rothbard explains this in a practical, step-by-step plan... The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar , & The Case for a Genuine Gold Dollar by Murray Rothbard (and you might go ahead with Gold as Money: FAQ What Has Government Done to Our Money? , The Mystery of Banking by Murray Rothbard just for...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Sat, Apr 30 2011
  • Utah Governer Signs Curreny Amedments

    This was a few days ago. Does anyone have any opinions or ideas that might shut down the gleam of optimism I have for this bill? I'm just wondering if it could possibly catch on any time soon. http://le.utah.gov/~2011/htmdoc/hbillhtm/HB0317S01.htm
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Braden on Tue, Mar 29 2011
  • Re: Is BitCoin the currency of the future?

    I've been reading the comments in this thread and am appalled by the level of ignorance and arrogance by anyone too scared to accept that a non-commodity backed currency could ever work. You all seem to forget that the sole purpose for money is to facilite exchange. One of the main reasosn you'd...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rawfreedom on Tue, Mar 29 2011
  • Re: Why Gold

    Also be sure and check out Gold as Money: FAQ
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Fri, Mar 4 2011
  • two questions from an econimics newbie

    I am an economic layman, but I want to know more. I recently started reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". I am about 50 pages in and there are two things that are confusing me. 1) In arguing that money must arise out of a free market process as opposed to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MDay1985 on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • What caused the housing boom/bust of the mid-1890s?

    I was reading Doug French's book about the housing collapse and came across the Shiller graph showing historical home values. I'm a self-taught student of economics and don't have the background that others might. I wanted to pick the brains of the Mises community on the housing spike/collapse...
    Posted to History (Forum) by ashleycsmith85 on Thu, Feb 10 2011
Page 2 of 10 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »