Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    [quote user="Justin"] My statement as a whole puts forth the idea that laws exist without government. Natural laws of a black hole for example, exist whether you know them or not. My argument is such that even in the absence of any form of government, laws still exist. [/quote] Justin, for...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by DASawyer on Sat, Oct 24 2009
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    [quote user="Juan"] What maybe needs to be pointed out is that libertarianism attempts at replacing war with trade and the the concept of 'national defense' is meaningless in a free society as there's no NATION to defend. [/quote] "Nation" and "State" are not...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by DASawyer on Fri, Jun 19 2009
  • Walter Block - "National Defense and the Theory of Externalities, Public Goods, and Clubs"

    Has anyone read this essay? I myself find it very unsatisfying. Does anyone see the flaws and inadequacies of this discussion of externalities? I'm unsure why Hoppe put it in there. I'm still in the middle of reading it but here are a few things that I'm unsure about: His rebuttal to the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by robert arbon on Sun, Nov 9 2008
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)