Showing related tags and posts for the Miscellaneous group. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Stefan Molyneux responds to David Gordon.

    Sat. 12/07/07 14:04 EDT . post #208 Just a tangential note here: I suggest editing your tags and separating the tags words with semi-colons. This will create multiple tags and hence multiple opportunities for people to find this post. As it stands, your (single) tag is just one long string of words,...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Sat, Jul 7 2012
  • Re: David Gordon Layeth the Smackdown

    Sat. 12/07/07 13:11 EDT . post #207 [quote user="John James"] Just as a sidenote, I grow bored with MMMark quite quickly, ...[/quote]( Translation : "I've failed to goad MMMark into a pissing contest/flame war" ... ) [quote user="John James"]... and I honestly didn't...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Sat, Jul 7 2012
  • Stefan Molyneux responds to David Gordon.

    'So it appears that I have been thoroughly called out by David Gordon at Mises.org, ridiculed for my "preposterously bad" reasoning, told that I should learn how to construct basic arguments, and been loftily informed that I have failed miserably in my philosophical goals. The article is...
    Posted to General (Forum) by libertarian_conspiracy on Sat, Jul 7 2012
  • Is there such a thing as a ‘necessary’ evil?

    It puzzles me how many people say this or that thing or particular action is a ‘necessary’ evil. Didn’t you just say it is evil? If it is evil then how is it necessary? How can you do good by doing something evil? Necessary evil seems pretty much like an oxymoron to me. This happens...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dylan of Rivia on Fri, Apr 20 2012
  • Libertarianism, Theology, and Religion

    Personally, I'm not a libertarian in the non-aggression sense (in principle my views could vary from "laissez-faire statism" [a more essential definition of ancap IMO] to totalitarianism depending on the exigencies of history), but I'm a Catholic and I would say that I believe that...
    Posted to General (Forum) by fakename on Tue, Dec 6 2011
  • Mass murderer targets family-less, friend-less, homeless people. What can be done?

    I am struggling with Rothbard's idea of justice in as much as he seems to require the presence of the injured party. In the case of murder, the victim is gone and cannot demand restitution or retribution (unless he writes it into his will). Rothbard seems to allow that his kin could demand restitution...
    Posted to General (Forum) by William Green on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • Anyone from Ireland?

    Check out our new site http://www.freedomireland.com
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by JonnyD on Sat, Dec 11 2010
  • Re: Is Stephen Hawking the Paul Krugman of Physics?

    unlapped_dog in reply to z1235: "Would you agree that any attempt to understand or explain aspects of reality requires the creation of a model?" All reasoning is creating models (which consist of sets of assumptions) and deducing what logically follows from them.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Thu, Jul 29 2010
  • Re: Atheist Meta-Ethics: Neo-Nihilism - what do you think?

    No comment on the content, but I'd like to point out that even if you are simply refuting bad theory, these days it seems you have to label yourself with something in order to be taken seriously. I don't know if that is the case with neo-nihilism, but in philosophy in general I think the biggest...
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Wed, Jul 28 2010
  • Re: Is Stephen Hawking the Paul Krugman of Physics?

    unlapped_dog in reply to z1235: "this is THE all encompassing question we are dealing with here, this is absolutely key. are we searching for truth or are we searching for rationality? you are asking me what the true nature of reality is with that question, and i am saying that it is not rationalizable...
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Wed, Jul 28 2010
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next >