Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: It's Not Government. It's Not Capitalism.

    [quote user="Thescout"]I believe in pragmatism. I'm a filthy statist, actually. [/quote] "...Dreams, that governments will keep you free, Dreams, that it ain't just war and slavery, Dreams, of your enforced equality, You keep dreaming, of your god democracy, You keep dreaming,...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by onebornfree on Sun, Mar 3 2013
  • Two books, and only two, to help someone start down the libertarian path

    A good friend of mine, who is very progressive/liberal, is often willing to have intelligent discussions with me about my anarcho-capitalist views. Recently, she said she was willing to learn more. I told her I have about 25 books, and it would take reading most of them to really get the whole picture...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ag4apple on Sat, Nov 10 2012
  • Government, Anarcho Capitalism, Ron Paul -- just where does the solution lie?

    Hi Everyone, This is my first post on this site, and also I've yet to explore the resources and threads contained within. I felt compelled to write here for a few reasons not least because I would like to expand my own understanding of certain issues and also I would liked to be challenged and critiqued...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TimFrost8 on Sat, Oct 1 2011
  • Rand on Rights

    The concept of politicals rights are so new to the world that they are not well understood. I'd like to go over this rich kernel of Rand's book Virtue of Selfishness which deals with what rights are, from whence they come, and what they mean. Also quite interesting is her description of how the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Thu, Sep 15 2011
  • A Socio-biological perspective on politics and classical libertarian thought.

    Hey everyone, so this is my first post. i've written my ideas in essay form because other people are likely to read it and i don't like changing the introduction around. hope you enjoy and try at answering my questions. although i think the likely hood is that you will disagree with at least...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Fri, Oct 8 2010
  • Mises on government

    I'm much more familiar with Rothbard than Mises but I know that he was heavily influenced by him. Rothbard called to privatize everything including courts and the police. I know that Mises was against government intervention in the market but I'm curious as to how much government he would allow...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by spw317 on Sun, Sep 26 2010
  • Comments by rothbard WTF???

    Was chatting with a friend of mine about Rothbard, and he mentioned that Murray was a Ethical Relativist And pointed out these statements as proof Empirically, the MOST warlike, MOST interventionist, MOST imperial government throughout the twentieth century has been the United States" (Pg. 287,...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Redmond on Wed, Sep 8 2010
  • The Maximizing State- an Essay by Anthony de Jasay

    Onebornfree commentary: An excellent essay by one of my favorite writers and thinkers, Anthony de Jasay , author of "The State" , one of my favorite books on political theory. The entire essay appears in the July 2010 issue of "The Independent Review" Regards, onebornfree. ******...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by onebornfree on Wed, Sep 1 2010
  • A brief essay on the dangers of partisanship in libertarianism.

    War of Words: Communicating the ideas of liberty while avoiding partisanship in politics. I have had both the fortune and misfortune of finding Libertarianism and Austrian Economics at a critical time. The ideas of Mises, Rothbard and so many more contemporary thinkers are experiencing a boom, Ron Paul...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Wed, May 26 2010
  • Is there a libertarian theory of Checks and Balances ?

    I notice that Austrian political theory views the state as acting like a single person. Hans Hermann Hoppe is particularly guilty of this in his lectures. He talks about the state being a territorial monopolist that prints money and so on. I find this contrary to methodological individualism. By doing...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kenneth on Sat, Feb 20 2010
Page 1 of 3 (22 items) 1 2 3 Next >