Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Do free-market advocates really want to stop people from being disadvantaged?

    Sun. 12/05/13 18:00 EDT . post #152 Having stressed the difference between "conservativism" and "the free market," I'd reword the question, from "What evidence is there that conservatives have done anything to stop anyone from being disadvantaged?" to "How would...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Sun, May 13 2012
  • Im living in poverty what should i do?!??

    I am currently living in the YMCA, I work part time, minimum wage, and im currently in a poverty trap. Im having to spend ALL the money I earn on rent and food, i cannot save up to do anything that willl actually give me a future, so what do you recommend i do??? Any help/advice would be much appreciated
    Posted to General (Forum) by peachmat on Sat, Sep 5 2009
  • Everywhere In Chains

    I'm new to this forum, but I don't plan on staying for very long. I've just come to introduce my blogel (blogged novel, if you didn't know). I'm calling it " Everywhere in Chains ", after the infamous Rousseau quote, "Man is born free, but he is everywhere in chains...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tiberius on Sun, Aug 30 2009
  • Libertarianism and Compassion

    We all know that most of our peers do not agree with our political ideals. In my experience, their views are usually based on compassion, ultimately. They see our philosophy as leaving out the poor. They think that the poor would starve without the government, etc. We've all heard the claims. Any...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mitcjm on Fri, Apr 17 2009
  • School for poor kids??

    Hey guys just a basic question. How would the really really poor afford school for their kids under a complete free market system?? I mean what if a family was extremely poor?? It seems to me that this is a tough question to answer when I am asked it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Aristotle100 on Thu, Nov 6 2008
  • Re: Argentine Strike

    [quote user="BlackSheep"]Are you kidding? Governments in poor countries in Africa and South America only have themselves to blame.[/quote]Or to take this even more bluntly, the politics and economics in these countries are merely the results of their people's mentalities, preferences and...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Wed, Jul 9 2008
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)