  • Goods and Austrian bads

    Austrian economics claims that everyone values more of a good than less. However, I don't see how this can be universally true. For example, let's say that I have the choice between having my dog fetch me 2 dead cats to eat, and 5 dead cats to eat. I like to eat dead cats (for whatever reason...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Buzz Killington on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: The epistemological status of Praxeology.

    Yes, the analogy is a bit badly chosen. And proofs for the existance of God are usually far more elaborate. Sometimes they are kind of a tautological or axiomatic nature and use introspection. Human action could be disputed by claiming that humans are just automatons that act upon stimuli, which can...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Wed, Jun 27 2012
  • Question on designing Austrian Economics research proposal

    Hi, I'm taking a stab at applying for a PhD (don't know where yet) and am in the process of writing a research proposal. Am looking into the possibility of trying to understand the 'wisdom' if you will of the prohibition against usury as prescribed in many religious texts (Christianity...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Yumashell on Tue, Dec 27 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics and Lean Manufacturing

    [quote user="xahrx"]I'm interested in others' responses to this as well. I work in manufacturing and we're trying to turn one of our plants around right now to a lean approach. And the biggest pushback is the people on the line and supervisors. They remind me of government bureacrats...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Jun 17 2011
  • New Praxeological Axiom?

    Could the statement People Are Ignorant be taken as a praxeological axiom? For this discussion, ignorance can be defined as lacking knowledge and not necessarily a statement about a person's reasoning ability, although it could be argued that this too, is finite. If so, what ramifications could be...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Woody on Fri, Feb 25 2011
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)