Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Does libertarianism promote the dignity of the poor?

    Altruism is impossible in terms of praxeology. If all humans actions are to ease the actor's discomfort , then human altruism doesn't exist. In that case we may have spot a problem with praxeology. Easing discomfort can be one motivation for action. But I don't think it's the only one...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sun, Jul 15 2012
  • Libertarianism vs. Utilitarianism

    Within the field of economics there is a concept known as the equity-efficiency trade-off. Efficiency is regarded as objective. While equity is subjective and filled with value judgments. Since equity is normative the concept of fairness must be determined. Fairness is actually far more objective than...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Lawrence on Wed, Aug 3 2011
  • On the strategy of persuasion, a caveat.

    There is a disturbing trend that I’ve come across lately and that is when, people of anarcho-capitalism persuasion drag down their fellow free-market libertarians and minarchists for not going 'all the way'. Now i personally would say that support the rights-based anarcho-capitalist ideal;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • Possible IP Refutation

    "A thing rendering such unlimited services is, for instance, the knowledge of the causal relation implied. The formula, the recipe that teaches us how to prepare coffee, provided it is known, renders unlimited services. It does not lose anything from its capacity to produce however often it is used;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Ryan on Thu, Jan 21 2010
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)