Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Does libertarianism promote the dignity of the poor?

    Altruism is impossible in terms of praxeology. If all humans actions are to ease the actor's discomfort , then human altruism doesn't exist. In that case we may have spot a problem with praxeology. Easing discomfort can be one motivation for action. But I don't think it's the only one...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sun, Jul 15 2012
  • Libertarianism vs. Utilitarianism

    Within the field of economics there is a concept known as the equity-efficiency trade-off. Efficiency is regarded as objective. While equity is subjective and filled with value judgments. Since equity is normative the concept of fairness must be determined. Fairness is actually far more objective than...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Lawrence on Wed, Aug 3 2011
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)