Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: The Slave Trade?

    All right, here we go: 1. By merely releasing a slave without due process you run the risk of having the sherriff/bounty hunter return the slave and bill you for the bounty. 2. A criminal act is defined in law. There was such a thing as unwritten common law way back when, but nowadays all laws are written...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gethky on Mon, Dec 10 2007
  • Re: Why is liberty a virtue?

    [quote user="Stranger"] Liberty is not a virtue, it is a right. To recognize other men this right is a virtue, humility. [/quote]Neither Virtue nor Right. A Virtue is a trait of a person, something that he has cultivated and works consistently up to. I.e. Honesty is a virtue in the sense of...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Nov 30 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    Some good points you are making here. [quote user="Grant"]If human rights do not come from nature , god, or some part of the environment and universe in general, it seems to me that they must come from other humans . Saying that rights come from man's nature qua man is nice, but it doesn't...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, Nov 17 2007
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    [quote user="jsh"]You endorse the state when you vote.[/quote] You also endorse the state when you use its' roads, pay taxes, attend its' schools, and go to its' libraries. There is very little you can do that is moral. In light of these observations is voting for Ron Paul really...
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Wed, Oct 10 2007
Page 3 of 3 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 3