Showing related tags and posts for the History forum. See all tags in the site
  • Abraham Lincoln the Dictator

    I always hear Abraham Lincoln was like a dictator and trampled on the Constitution. Besides how he didn't allow the southern states to secede without waging war against them, what else did he do that 'trampled on the Constitution'? I heard he suspended habeus corpus during the Civil War....
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Thu, Jul 8 2010
  • Did the founding fathers believe in anarchy?

    The founding fathers believed it was the right of the people to abolish the government once it no longer protected the natural rights of its citizens. They believed in secession - afterall, the Revolutionary War was fought so that the US could secede from Britain. According to Rothbardian logic, if you...
    Posted to History (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 4 2009
  • War for Southern Independence

    I made some YouTube videos about the war and what caused it. Their all just a little under 10 minutes. Hopefully I wasn't too boring. Let me know what you think. Why the South Had the Right to Secede How Economic Policies Led to Southern Secession Clearing Up Misconceptions About Slavery in America
    Posted to History (Forum) by BWF89 on Tue, Apr 15 2008
  • Re: Nullification V. Secession

    [quote user="DBratton"] [quote user="Stranger"]Should they start challenging Federal hegemony by nullifying laws, that opens the door to their own laws being challenged by local authorities, and so on. The whole system would collapse.[/quote] Is this the infinite secession scenario...
    Posted to History (Forum) by majevska on Mon, Apr 14 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)