Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Whom is the government aggressing against when it collects income taxes via my employer?

    My employer said it would pay me $X/hour, however it only paid me a fraction of that amount. It gave the difference to the IRS. Does my employer owe me money? Or is there an unwritten clause in my employment contract that says that even though the contract clearly states that I will be paid $X/hour,...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PeaceRequiresAnarchy on Thu, Mar 14 2013
  • Clever Statist on Taxes: Government Owns the Dollar Bills, so it Can Tax You

    (Thought you guys would appreciate this justification for taxation, never seen it before.) Statist reply to my challenge that taxation is equivalent to theft: [quote user="Mr. Lake"]Technically speaking, money isn't yours to begin with. Every dollar you have in your pocket belongs to the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Sun, Oct 14 2012
  • Ron Paul is a Voluntaryist (video)

    In this video, using Ron Paul's own words from his books and interviews, it is shown that Ron Paul's goal is voluntaryism. He adopts limited-government positions and appeals to the U.S. Constitution as part of a long-term strategy for achieving a completely free society, absent any State.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Graham Wright on Wed, Jul 20 2011
  • What is the least harmful form of taxation?

    Taxation is always harmful, period. But assume hypothetically for a moment that some form of taxation must exist. Which form of taxation would be least harmful? Obviously, low taxes. But which taxes specifically? Taxation is a burden, but it should be a burden borne equally if it is to exist. Income...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Sat, May 28 2011
  • Least ridiculous form of taxation

    This is a question for all those minarchists out there. If there were to be an overhaul of the tax system in your country, what would be the least harmful/ridiculous/evil form of taxation? Income tax? Sales tax? Property tax? An altered form of one or more? A mixed system? Please explain your answers...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Greendogo on Sat, May 7 2011
  • How to fund the federal govt

    I recognize the problems with current taxation at the federal level. However, I have no problems with local/state govts taxing however they see fit. As I see it, as long as people have the freedom to move, those cities/states with overly oppressive taxes will push their people away. In fact, I feel that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Mon, Jan 24 2011
  • Fiat money: Gold, silver, Gresham and Taxation.

    Hi all, I am a longtime reader of this website. I became interested in Austrian economics while studying for an economics degree at university. As you all well know, the standard college econ curriculum is all but useless in terms of its ability to actually inform ones opinions on the topic. Luckily...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom on Fri, Jul 9 2010
  • How To Not Pay Taxes

    What are some inventive ways that people have made up to not pay taxes? Either income or anything else. I don't really know if I'm allowed to ask this on here, but hopefully I can. If the IRS is reading this right now, I'm, um... researching for a book?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Wed, Jun 30 2010
  • Global Warming Skepticism

    For all of you who are skeptic when it comes to global warming, can you send me some evidence or anything else that disproves a lot of the supposed science that's floating around? I understand that global warming is real, just like global cooling is real (or else we wouldn't be alive), but I'm...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sat, Jun 26 2010
  • 100% Inheritance Tax

    I was having an argument with someone about the Inheritance Tax. I'll just refer to him as my 'opponent' for this discussion. So my opponent was saying that capitalism ends up not being fair in the long run because when wealthy people die, they pass along their fortune to their kids, who...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
Page 1 of 5 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >