  • Direct Inflation Tax

    Inflation acts as an indirect tax by transferring wealth to the printers of new money (central banks, government, etc). But if the capital gains tax isn't indexed to inflation, then doesn't that mean inflation acts as a direct tax too? In the sense that if inflation increases the nominal value...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MadMiser on Fri, Oct 7 2011
  • Frosty's Property Rights Dilemma

    As the story goes, a magician was dissatisfied with the performance of his magic silk hat and discarded it. Some children found it and put it on a snowman which brought Frosty to life. The magician soon realized his mistake of throwing away his hat and pursued Frosty to get it back. Santa told the magician...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by bbnet on Tue, Dec 22 2009
  • "High taxes keep a wealthy community wealthy"?

    At my place of employment, my boss and I work side by side, and we often pass the day by talking politics and economics. He is a pretty conservative guy (primarily on social issues), but he also has a generally anti-tax/anti-government philosophy (though more subdued). He supported Huckabee during the...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Josiah Schmidt on Wed, Jul 23 2008
  • Re: Petty fraud

    [quote user="Anonymous Coward"]You lost me there, how is someone being agressed against if someone sells them a 'Rolex' for $20 and they honestly believe that they are buying the real deal?[/quote]Depends. Whereas being dishonest is not a violation of natural law or the non-aggression...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)