  • Goods and Austrian bads

    Austrian economics claims that everyone values more of a good than less. However, I don't see how this can be universally true. For example, let's say that I have the choice between having my dog fetch me 2 dead cats to eat, and 5 dead cats to eat. I like to eat dead cats (for whatever reason...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Buzz Killington on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • On prices and taxes.

    I have a question about prices and taxes. Let's say that government cuts taxes by 10%, then people believe that prices should fall by 10%, same thing might happen with rising costs, if costs rise by X% there should be a X% increasement (approximately) in price. I can't figure out if this really...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by budmad on Tue, Feb 23 2010
  • Austrian Economics and Tally Sticks

    What is the Austrian School's take on "Debit Free", government issued, Tally Sticks? Pros? Cons? I keep seeing this idea being floated as I'm researching. I did a quick search around mises.org and couldn't find an official point of view on Tally Sticks from the Austrian perspective...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Cowboy on Tue, Jan 26 2010
  • prices or profit

    Is it prices that are the true market information or is it profit? Imagine two industries: luxury sports cars and cancer pharmaceuticals. Lets say that the total revenue of the sports car industry is $1 million and the pharmaceutical industry is $1.1 million. Lets also say that the luxury car company...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tir38 on Thu, Dec 17 2009
  • I need help applying a theory...

    I'm hoping someone can help me ... I'm trying to understand which type of situations I can apply or attribute to what Hayek referred to as being the result of "spontaneous order." It is my understanding these are things that are a result of human action and not human design.The market...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Anna Marie on Thu, Oct 29 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)