  • Inflation in relation to trade/trade deficits

    I am trying to understand how inflation contributes to trade defecits and the negative impacts inflation has on trade, who it hurts, and who benefits (especially when looking at US China relations). I have been reading this article: http://mises.org/daily/4256 But I am still very confused. How does inflation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Wed, Mar 16 2011
  • Trade Deficit and Inflation

    It seems to me that the whole argument for currency debasement to make our exports more competitive is based on the assumption that it will reduce the trade deficit. I feel like that will not necessarily happen because inflation not only reduces the costs of our exports to foreign consumers, it also...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sean1982 on Fri, Oct 1 2010
  • US/China trade deficit - reasons

    In 2008, the trade deficit between US and China was $268 billion ( http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html#2008 ). I am not sure to which extent the Chinese government controls trade directly, but for sure it has a strong instrument to influence it - by monetary policy. My question is...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Andris Birkmanis on Thu, Jul 15 2010
  • Favourable/Unfavourable Balance of Trade is such an absurd concept

    It seems a terrible obfuscation of facts about foreign trade has happened simply because of the use of such incorrect and misleading terminology with respect to commercial activities across nations. Supposedly, if the monetary value of goods and services going out of the nation is less than those coming...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Sat, Oct 17 2009
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)