Showing related tags and posts for the History forum. See all tags in the site
  • WWII Ended the Great Depression

    Ok, so if my understanding is correct, Higgs argues that World War II did in fact stimulate a recovery, just not in the sense that Keynesians believe. The war essentially allowed for a renewed confidence in America's ability to produce, which, in combination with "forced savings," allowed...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Lothario on Sat, Apr 9 2011
  • What was the cause of world war I and world war II?

    If you are knowledgeable of history please answer. No need for a detailed answer necessarily just hit on the main points. Some points that I think are important are the fact that world war II was caused because most of the world was living in poverty beause of the Great Depression. The Great Depression...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Lawrence on Fri, Sep 10 2010
  • Was it right of the US to enter WW2?

    Murray Rothbard famously said, "Our entry into World War II was the crucial act in foisting a permanent militarization upon the economy and society, in bringing to the country a permanent garrison state, an overweening military-industrial complex, a permanent system of conscription. It was the crucial...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • Charge at Krojanty - One Example of Inaccurate History Textbooks

    This really has nothing to do with libertarianism, but as a so-called "Polish-American," I am constantly annoyed by the use of German WWII-era propaganda in our history textbooks regarding a mythical "cavalry charge" against tanks. Just as history textbooks constantly get the cause...
    Posted to History (Forum) by krazy kaju on Thu, Dec 25 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)