  • Re: Guess who wrote this...

    He's saying that fascism denies that democracy works. Just like anarcho-capitalism denies that democracy works. According to Paul Gottfried , Italian fascism wasn't all that bad before Mussolini got into bed with Hitler.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LeeO on Wed, Oct 3 2012
  • Re: Guess who wrote this...

    TronCat Wins! It's from his essay The Doctrine of Fascism published in 1932. A few pages later Mussolini writes: "If the nineteenth was the century of the individual (Liberalism means individualism) it may be expected that this one may be the century of 'collectivism' and therefore the century of the State." As Rothbard put it
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LeeO on Wed, Oct 3 2012
  • Re: Guess who wrote this...

    I am going to guess either Marx or Hitler, maybe even Mussolini or Stalin? No, I bet it was F4M! Well done - it's one of those five.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LeeO on Wed, Oct 3 2012
  • Guess who wrote this...

    ...fantastic critique of democracy: " [this political doctrine] denies that the majority, through the mere fact of being a majority, can rule human societies; it denies that this majority can govern by means of a periodical consultation; it affirms the irremediable, fruitful and beneficent inequality of men, who cannot be leveled by such a mechanical
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LeeO on Wed, Oct 3 2012
  • Re: Which forum member would you like to start a blog the most?

    Link? http://incompressible.blogspot.com/ Last post December 16, 2011. Clayton posts so much content on the forums that he doesn't really need a blog. I nominate...Esuric. He smashes economic nonsense with astounding Austrian precision.
    Posted to General (Forum) by LeeO on Sun, Sep 23 2012
  • Re: Ron Swanson - Why Government Matters (HILARIOUS)

    ...wait. Was this supposed to be a pro-libertarian video? It's libertarians making fun of themselves. I think they were doing serious outreach and decided to make a funny video along the way.
    Posted to General (Forum) by LeeO on Thu, Sep 20 2012
  • Re: Ron Swanson - Why Government Matters (HILARIOUS)

    He reminds me of the guy in this video starting at 3:15
    Posted to General (Forum) by LeeO on Thu, Sep 20 2012
  • Re: *** September 2012 low content thread ***

    Doesn't seem that bad... Uniformity is the enemy of liberty. Ralph Raico does a good job explaining how competition among many small, diverse political units in Europe led to a liberal revolution. If your prince taxed you or regulated you too much, you could move to a more favorable location - no passport required. Whenever you see the words "harmonization"
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by LeeO on Sun, Sep 16 2012
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options