  • Re: Why can I access Mises.org's CMS?

    [quote user="John James"] More than likely someone is working on the site. The global CMS access was likely a quick mistake that was immediately rectified. The timing of your post here was probably coincidental. [/quote] Correct. I think the site's caching system cached an admin view and served to a non-admin.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by David V on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: Cleanup up old forum data

    The email on the Mises.org Community was not working for several months. I just fixed it, which caused all the pending notifications to be sent in one blast. I deleted most of them while they were still in the mail queue. Sorry about that.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by David V on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Cleanup up old forum data

    I am cleaning up old forum data. This will affect the "read" status of posts, but I think nothing else that is visible.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by David V on Tue, Apr 30 2013
  • Government fails at the basics, too

    The private military contractor Blackwater “ has sent a private sector warship equipped with helicopters to the Gulf of Aden , and is offering its services to shipowners concerned with Somali pira cy. “ Blackwater Worldwide executive vice-president Bill Matthews said: “We have been contacted by shipowners who say they need our help
    Posted to Radical Idealism (Weblog) by David V on Wed, Oct 22 2008
  • No such thing as a free lunch

    When arguing against the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act last year, I wrote If discrimination based on comprehensive genetic screening is legal, we can expect health providers to tailor plans according to our individual risk factors. That might be to the disadvantage of a minority of high-risk individuals, but greater information about risk
    Posted to Radical Idealism (Weblog) by David V on Wed, Oct 15 2008
  • What you need to know about the economic "crisis"

    Economics is not a complicated science. This may not seem obvious to you if you've following the news from Washington, where a cabal of politicians, financiers and lobbyists have been spent the last several weeks desperately making a series of increasingly complicated, expensive, and ultimately unsuccessful plans to "save the economy."
    Posted to Radical Idealism (Weblog) by David V on Mon, Sep 29 2008
  • Shorter URL's for your blog, profile

    If you weren't pleased with the longer blog URLs of the Mises Community, you now have an alternative URL: http://blogs.mises.org. For example http://blogs.mises.org/misestech You can also link to your profile at http://people.mises.org. For example, http://people.mises.org/HeroicLife
    Posted to The Mises Tech Update (Weblog) by David V on Wed, Jul 2 2008
  • Akismet Spam Rule for Community Server 2008

    This is an update of the Akismet plugin by Thomas Freudenberg found here . Download
    Posted to The Mises Tech Update (Weblog) by David V on Mon, Apr 28 2008
  • Freedom and Toleration

    This post is inspired by the State of Texas' recent abduction of 416 kids from a polygamist compound . One way to measure the degree of freedom in a society is by looking at the kinds of associations made by its members. A free people can choose to enter into any association they wish, and are not forced into any associations against their will
    Posted to Radical Idealism (Weblog) by David V on Wed, Apr 23 2008
  • The government's drug war funds terrorism

    USA Today: Vice president [ Cheney] was to push Karzai to take steps to extend Afghanistan's governance beyond Kabul and conduct successful elections next year. The discussion also was to address ways the Afghan government can curb corruption and deal with rising production of poppies, which are used to make narcotic drugs that fund insurgent operations
    Posted to Radical Idealism (Weblog) by David V on Wed, Apr 23 2008
Page 1 of 6 (55 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options