  • Re: How can anarchy sustain itself?

    Who knows what I meant; I just feel that sustainability comes down to how well humans uphold morality (not just what is in their best interest - i.e. incentives and consequentialism). Either privatization enables enforcement of contracts/prisons or we would still need a government.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monroe on Wed, May 8 2013
  • Re: How can anarchy sustain itself?

    Please elaborate more on your class system description and how the priests would be able to regulate members of society
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monroe on Wed, May 8 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    Oh, alright thanks!
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Monroe on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    No clue what just happened
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Monroe on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    [quote user="gotlucky"] [quote user="Monroe"] As vive la insurrection alluded to, these groups violate some aspect of natural law. [/quote] vive is addicted to natural rights theory. He is forever talking about the morality of reason and its application to objective and absolute morality. [/quote] Love me some moral absolutism Is
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Monroe on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    Well I'll try to lay out what I've heard from the Libertarian View on same-sex marriage. First of all, there is a broader problem in groups' rights: "worker's rights," "women's rights" and now "gay rights." As vive la insurrection alluded to, these groups violate some aspect of natural law. That is to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Monroe on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: How can anarchy sustain itself?

    [quote user="Wheylous"] This disregards anarchy as a process, and imagines it as a fixed point in time. To actually make it to anarchy, we'd need a cultural shift in the people's understanding. Once this cultural shift occurs, I find it highly unlikely that anyone would agree with the guy who says "hey, let's create one coercive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monroe on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Re: Question on value free method

    There is not necessarily a hierarchy I can think of, but basically like others have said, value free sciences deal with 'is/are' rather than 'ought/should be.' Other sciences, for example sociology, are considered value free based on the fact that they explain the way things develop. However, to keep these scientists in check, there
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monroe on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Re: what do you think about the electoral college?

    Neodoxy^ I share your lack of care. BUT yeah people who wish to abolish the electoral college generally wish to replace it with popular vote, as if to say America is a direct democracy - which, Constitutionally, we are not. To reiterate what gotlucky said, a popular vote would allow for high population coastal states to decide for other smaller populated
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monroe on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Re: Is it possible for the government to artificially lower the price of gold/silver?

    Oh and to answer your question, no I wouldn't worry about government manipulating gold/silver prices (they cannot do much except buy or sell). The slight downturn in gold prices is not bad considering the almost 15-year rise. I would think this would be a good time for people to get rid of some more of their fiat money in exchange for precious metals
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Monroe on Fri, May 3 2013
Page 1 of 3 (30 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options