  • Re: Mises Believed in Theft

    :( I hope my question doesn't get lost in the whole SkepticalMetal thing.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Sun, Dec 30 2012
  • Re: Mises Believed in Theft

    Wait a second. In what way did Mises suggest the state should be funded? When did Mises say it had to be funded by taxation? Does anyone have a link or quote of Mises answering this? It seems like the first thing that should be established in the original post. (In case you're unfamiliar with other ways a state can be funded, here are a few: lottery
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Sat, Dec 29 2012
  • Re: Nuclear Weapons in Libertarianism

    Well what would prevent nukes from becoming that cheap? There has to be a reason. And why would nukes someday be peanuts? Peanuts, as in the nukes won't be able to hurt anybody? How is that possible? I would think that as technology develops, nukes will be even deadlier. Maybe someone will come up with a Doomsday Device for a million dollars or
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Fri, Dec 28 2012
  • Re: Nuclear Weapons in Libertarianism

    I love the pictures on the side -- especially the Australian flag one. XD It's important to note that fission and fusion bombs themselves are relatively simple to make. They assigned the task to a physics student and Princeton and he was able to design one. The really hard part is getting the nuclear material, which has to be enriched to (iirc)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Thu, Dec 27 2012
  • Re: I made a movie, sort of Libertarian. Some Mises Inst in-jokes.

    I finally got a chance to watch your movie. I thought it was pretty neat. There were two times during the movie when I laughed out loud. Movies rarely make me do that. I usually just acknowledge in my head that something was funny. During these two parts, laughs came out of my mouth uncontrollably: 1. When "Robert"? (the retired guy who hires
    Posted to General (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Sat, Dec 22 2012
  • Re: Block on child rights - powerful stuff

    Interesting take. Just note: It's important to clarify what you mean by legal guardian (that you don't think a non-consenting party to the sex that resulted in a child's conception has to be a legal guardian, though can choose to be). That is capital. I don't want to overload the thread with ideas, but what if the rapist himself was
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Re: Block on child rights - powerful stuff

    @ToxicAssets The issue is whether or not the implicit contract between two consenting biological parents (or only one in the case of rape [Edit: see A at bottom]) is a valid contract. A lot of libertarians (Rothbard, Block, etc.) argue that no implicit contract is valid. Although, I agree that the conversation seems a bit repugnant. I think it's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Re: Block on child rights - powerful stuff

    @Wheylous: [quote] What if the rapist goes on to die? Does that mean no one is legally responsible for the child? [/quote] Hmm. Good point. If there was no prior arrangement for who would be responsible for the child in the event of the father's death, I suppose no one is legally responsible for the child (i.e. no one can be forced to take in the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Re: Is it required to be of sound body and mind to contract?

    [quote] My point is that you didn't stop posting in the middle of the thread, as was implied by these two statements of yours: [/quote] Right. I kept testing my answer vis-a-vis yours. It depends on how you understand "debate". As in, try to convince you I'm right and only that, then no. If as in deliberative discourse, then yes, it
    Posted to General (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Mon, Dec 17 2012
  • Re: I'd appreciate input on this topic

    Crap. I deleted my own post.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by QuisCustodiet on Mon, Dec 17 2012
Page 1 of 26 (256 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options