  • Re: Anarchial Land Arrangments

    [quote user="wombatron"] [quote user="drobine"]If someone wanted you to remove yourself from their property, they could ask you to, but I think it would be an act of aggression to demand some sort of identification. [/quote] I don't know... I think I would listen if the nice men in the chainmail armor asked me for my papers.
    Posted to General (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Anarchial Land Arrangments

    I don't think you would need an identification to get from place to place. Why would you? In an anarchist society, there wouldn't be countries with borders. Without government's artificial barriers, the only distinctions between places would be who owns the property being transitioned. There wouldn't be zones as such other than the boundaries
    Posted to General (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Reisman vs. Rothbard

    "What had Reisman against Rothbard?" "They were in extremely friendly terms in the 1950s and when as a young student George Reisman provided a pro-McCarthy speech honouring Roy M. Cohn the speech was written by Murray Rothbard. When Reisman became more affiliated with the randians and Rothbard wanted to disassociate himself from the randians
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Reisman vs. Rothbard

    I have to admit, when I read that in "For A New Liberty", it surprised me as well. But, if you look at what the two nations actually did in foreign relations, as opposed to their rhetoric, then it's hard to disagree. Maybe it is a neo-con thing, but I have difficulty understanding how intelligent people can be neo-con, with the inherent
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Reisman vs. Rothbard

    sorry, I'm getting used to this board. I assumed it would carry the post I was responding to into my reply. That was directed at Wombatron's comment, "I would say its just the antipathy that Objectivists sometimes have towards Rothbard, because of his personality clash with Rand and his split with Objectivism." Thanks
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Reisman vs. Rothbard

    Well, maybe so, it just seems like a relatively small difference to end a close friendship over.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by drobine on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Reisman vs. Rothbard

    What the heck does George Reisman have against Murray Rothbard? I started reading his book, "Capitalism", and in it he portrays Rothbard as a lesser light of Austrian Economics, marred by fatal inconsistencies. "Much worse, Rothbard, who was widely regarded as the intellectual leader of the younger generation of the Austrian school and
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by drobine on Thu, Feb 26 2009
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | More Search Options