  • Re: A 28th Amendment

    What is Austerity? But you're right, Lew Rockwell did indeed beat me to it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Re: A 28th Amendment

    I'm not familiar with repudiation of debt. Is that refusing to pay it? Or no? I'm kind of a newbie, so I'm sure what you would propose would be better than anything I think of; I just need it explained to me. And 2% national sales tax would take a few hundred years to pay off the debt, so you're right=]
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Re: part of the reason libertarianism is resisted

    Because forced equality is more important to the tyrannical majority than individual liberty is. If most people see someone with something more than they have, then they likely won't want to work for it. Libertarianism teaches responsibility and most people would rather having something "free" rather than put the slightest ounce of work
    Posted to General (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Re: A depression of 1921?

    It's a sad shame that there aren't more politicians like Warren G Harding these days. FDR was the end of the Old Right, and it's goodness hasn't been spread throughout the world since Coolidge.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Re: Could we be in the GDII?

    Hoover discontinued Coolidge's efforts to reduce the size of government. It's a shame that Coolidge didn't stay another four years, but I'm sure he had his reasons. It is correct to say that Hoover didn't do much, but it wasn't that he didn't allow for big enough govt--because he did. And that was exactly why he wasn't
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Could we be in the GDII?

    I seem some striking similarities between the 1st GD and the mess the U.S. and the world is in now. We had a huge war back in the day; the Federal Reserve was as wreckless as ever before; we had a mortgage crisis; and we had a president elected to try to fix it by increasing govt spending and taxes . Those 4 things have repeated themselves. I don't
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • A 28th Amendment

    I thought that this Amendment could fix the econ crisis better than the depressant package. Does anyone else agree? What could make it more Austrian? Do you think Dr. Paul would agree with this Amendment? I hope something like this would get ratified by 2015, as I'm hopeful that a Ron Paul Republican will win in 2012, and Dr. Paul Republicans will
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by No2statism on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Is this consistent with the Austrian School of Economics?

    Would the U.S. have an Austrian Economy if an amendment that did the following was passed? What would need to be added or taken away, if anything, to make the amendment adhere strictly to Austrian Economics? repeals the 16th amendment disallows the federal government to print any more money to cap inflation. 1.5% capped national sales tax for paying
    Posted to General (Forum) by No2statism on Tue, Mar 3 2009
  • Re: Does the gold standard have any equivalents?

    Thanks=]
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by No2statism on Tue, Mar 3 2009
  • Re: What's wrong with labor unions?

    Libertarianism is fine with labor unions as long as they're not tax payer sub'd nor affiliated with the government in any way.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by No2statism on Tue, Mar 3 2009
Page 79 of 80 (791 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > | More Search Options