  • Re: NY Fed's best forecast: "We can't forecast"

    I don't know if this has been brought up before [probably has, somewhere !], but Doug French on Mises Daily recently posted a good article that goes to the heart of the debate in this thread, called " The Folly of Forecasting " . regards, onebornfree
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by onebornfree on Mon, Nov 28 2011
  • Re: Capitalist artists

    F. Paul Wilson is a successful American fiction writer who is an anarcho-capitalist , and has been that way for 30 + years. In the introduction to the new edition of his science fiction novel "An Enemy of the State" , [about a revolution /plot on a distant planet to install a capitalist system without violence], he even talks about having
    Posted to General (Forum) by onebornfree on Mon, Nov 14 2011
  • Re: "Assassination of American citizen"

    [quote user="Wheylous"] I'm saying that RP appears himself to be mixed up. If the claim is that there was no proof that this guy was a terrorist, then RP doesn't support it, as he appears to think the guy was a terrorist. [/quote] But the Ron Paul article you linked states, near the end: " ....The precedent set by the killing
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by onebornfree on Tue, Oct 4 2011
  • Re: "Assassination of American citizen"

    [quote user="Wheylous"] I think the situation may have been a lot better had the government provided any proof of his guilt.[/quote] No, it would not. In these situations [ a government accuses an individual of criminal acts], all government "evidence" is "supposed" to be presented in court to a jury, and before defense
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by onebornfree on Tue, Oct 4 2011
  • Re: Is the case for deflation sound?

    The case for deflation, however defined, is no more or less sound than the case for any other broad, future economic scenario being predicted by anyone, anywhere [e.g. inflation, hyper inflation, disinflation etc.]. The fact of the matter is that no-one can consistently predict future economic events. Financial Safety Rule #1 says: " despite many
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by onebornfree on Tue, Oct 4 2011
  • Re: Breivik - 'I'm Surprised I Wasn't Stopped'

    [quote user="Torsten"] [quote user="onebornfree"] 1] The Oslo bomb was supposedly a fertilizer bomb, a la OKC/ McVeigh[or whomever]. Are you saying that the S.A bomb damage was caused by a fertilizer bomb also? [/quote]The Oslo bomb was apparently made of ammonium nitrate won from fertilizer. I am not sure of exactly what explosive
    Posted to General (Forum) by onebornfree on Fri, Aug 12 2011
  • Re: What can solve Britain's problems? (in light of riots and societal breakdown)

    [quote user="abskebabs"] what you think could be done to help get this country out of this mess. [/quote] Forget about trying to get others, and other countries, out of any perceived "messes" that you think they might be in, it is a complete waste of your valuable time [because you will fail] - concentrate only on your own life
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by onebornfree on Thu, Aug 11 2011
  • Re: article by John Harvey proving more money doesnt cause price inflation

    [quote user="Rcder"] [quote]He starts with Mv=Py, where M is money supply, v is velocity of money, P is average price, y is quantity of production.[/quote] I don't have the book in front of me, but isn't this Irving Fisher's equation of exchange? If this is the case, then he's using a formula which I recall Rothbard (perhaps
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by onebornfree on Wed, Aug 10 2011
  • Re: Breivik - 'I'm Surprised I Wasn't Stopped'

    [quote user="Torsten"] Car bombs can cause extensive damage and kill a lot of people. It al depends on circumstances. Take for instance the church street bomb it ultimately 19 people and injured more then a hundred. http://www.afriforum.co.za/english/background-information-church-street-bomb-20th-of-may-1983/ It was planted by the ANC, which
    Posted to General (Forum) by onebornfree on Wed, Aug 10 2011
  • Re: article by John Harvey proving more money doesnt cause price inflation

    [quote user="Smiling Dave"] If it is a simple q asked out of genuine curiosity, here's the answer. I will present the sequence of events in a timeline: 9 AM: Smiling Dave reads the John Harvey article. It raises doubts in his mind. Could the author be right? Dave is for the nonce undecided. 10 AM: Dave posts the gist of the article, expressing
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by onebornfree on Tue, Aug 9 2011
Page 5 of 68 (679 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options