  • John Cochrane's critique of Krugman's NYT Mag article

    Although Cochrane is no Austrian, I feel he makes several valid points http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/john.cochrane/research/Papers/krugman_response.doc Sadly, when he goes off about mathematics in the end, my respect for him almost fell off a cliff What are your impressions/critiques of his response to Krugman?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Sep 15 2009
  • Re: If I were to read just one book about Austrian Economics...

    Man, Economy & State by Rothbard. While Human Action is a fantastic book, it can be difficult for laymen to understand. MES is written in classic Rothbardian style - simple to understand, and addressing virtually all aspects of any given issue. Economics in One Lesson is perfect as an overview, but if you really want to get down to praxeology, MES
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by libertyman on Fri, Sep 4 2009
  • Re: More Krugman

    [quote user="Prashanth Perumal"] Perhaps this made Hayek disinterested in refuting Keynes' ' General Theory ', and unfortunately the book has made irreparable damage to the history of economic policy. It could be said it put economic thought to the mercantilist era in some ways. [/quote] Yes, but don't forget that Hazlitt wrote
    Posted to General (Forum) by libertyman on Wed, Aug 26 2009
  • Re: More Krugman

    Has Krugman ever responded to a LvMI debuking of his ridiculous arguments? Is there any way we can get the LvMI to devote an entire section of its website to deconstructing Krugman's NYT columns and blogs? Maybe this could eventually be brought to his attention and it would be interesting to see if he would dare try to defend himself using voodoo
    Posted to General (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 25 2009
  • Re: Is Dan Hannan an Austrian?

    I follow Hannan's blogs pretty regularly, and cant remember him mentioning the Austrian School in any of his posts (or interviews on TV). However, he is familiar with Jeffersonian ideals of limited government (Jefferson is a personal hero of his), as well as being familiar with Ron Paul. Loved his recent attack on the NHS. While definitely not of
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by libertyman on Wed, Aug 19 2009
  • Re: I'm trying to prove that the money supply does NOT need to grow according to the volume of goods

    Actually, the burden of proof is on those who claim that monetary expansion is necessary
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by libertyman on Wed, Aug 5 2009
  • Does anyone else find this incredibly annoying...

    In addition to the articles and information on the Mises website, I tend to read more mainstream news/business publications to hear from the more mainstream 'economists'. I get annoyed practically on a daily basis when reading opinion pieces on the economy. For example, a few days ago, an economist writing for the FT (can't remember the
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by libertyman on Wed, Aug 5 2009
  • Re: who are your favorite economists and why?

    Don't forget about Bob Murphy! Actually, it would be interesting to hear who your favorite Mises.org contributor economists are (the ones who are still living)
    Posted to General (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 4 2009
  • Did the founding fathers believe in anarchy?

    The founding fathers believed it was the right of the people to abolish the government once it no longer protected the natural rights of its citizens. They believed in secession - afterall, the Revolutionary War was fought so that the US could secede from Britain. According to Rothbardian logic, if you believe that states have the right to secede, then
    Posted to History (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 4 2009
  • non-US central banks

    There has been growing concern about the nature of the FED, as more people have taken note of its shady, secretive practices. This is great news. People should be learning more about the history of the Federal Reserve and its founding. I've certainly learned a lot about it, mainly though resources found on mises.org and lewrockwell.com. But my knowledge
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by libertyman on Mon, Aug 3 2009
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options