  • Re: Intellectual Property Confusion

    [quote][quote]I extrapolate the right to profit from the right one has to ownership of one's own life. If you own your own life, you are free to do as you wish with that life, so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others. You are also responsible for the consequences of your actions. If this means that your actions cause harm, you must
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Wed, Aug 4 2010
  • Re: Intellectual Property Confusion

    [quote]Daniel Muffinburg wrote the following post at Tue, Aug 3 2010 2:02 PM: [quote user="The Rev"] It seems to me that if I write a book, I should profit by it, and should be protected (by copyright) against it being stolen by, say, a publisher with greater ability to distribute it. They could essentially take all the benefit of my work
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Wed, Aug 4 2010
  • Intellectual Property Confusion

    It seems to me that if I write a book, I should profit by it, and should be protected (by copyright) against it being stolen by, say, a publisher with greater ability to distribute it. They could essentially take all the benefit of my work in this way. Or if I spend millions creating a new drug, shouldn't I be protected (by patent) from someone
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Tue, Aug 3 2010
  • Re: What got you to wake up?

    I was liberal as a kid, but then my family started a business. I read a quote once, "A conservative is a liberal who's gotten mugged by reality". I would say that holds doubly true for libertarians. The Rev
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: The Jungle :O

    Given the success of fast food, and the resulting increase in problems like obesity and diabetes, I would say that food safety is not on the minds of most consumers. The free market works well if all the participants are rational. However, businesses don't meet consumer needs, they meet consumer demand, which far more often reflects wants over needs
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by The Rev on Mon, May 24 2010
  • Re: Books you will never see written

    "In Defense of Limited Government" by Franklin Delano Roosevelt The Rev
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Wed, May 19 2010
  • Re: Determining share prices - the low level mechanics.

    It's simple supply and demand. Shares are offered for sale, and buyers pick them up. If there's not much buyer interest, prices decline because they're not willing to pay a premium. If there's alot of interest, prices will be driven up, because buyers are willing to pay more. The actual prices quoted on the ticker are just asking prices
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Rev on Mon, May 17 2010
  • Re: Being Able to Keep the Fruits of Your Labor? People Hate This Idea

    When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's support. The Rev
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Rev on Thu, May 13 2010
  • Re: Heny Louis Gates Jr. on Lincoln

    I'm no fan of Lincoln, but you have to give him credit. If he personally was a racist, at least it didn't stand in his way of supporting equality and freedom for blacks in his political role. If only he'd been a huge personal supporter of the income tax and the draft, he may have done the right thing politically there, too. LOL The Rev
    Posted to History (Forum) by The Rev on Tue, May 11 2010
  • Re: Define Economics

    Following the money. The Rev
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Rev on Sun, May 9 2010
Page 1 of 12 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options