  • Re: Could Private Transit Make a Comeback?

    [quote user="John James"] If there's really a demand for it, anything is possible if you get rid of the interference. [/quote] I would think so. Driving is expensive when you pay the cost of the roads and for time of day. Buses and trains I imagine would be cheaper, though slower. It would also work much better if our cities were designed
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, May 20 2012
  • Could Private Transit Make a Comeback?

    Okay, this is idealized, but imagine that municipalities across the country gave up their claim to a monopoly over transit in their cities (that is, buses, trains, subways, etc.). Given that they continue to hold onto the roads and freeways, could private businesses take over these transit systems and make a profit? In other words, could private transit
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sat, May 19 2012
  • Re: Ron Paul ends campaign

    Lots of confusion about this. If the point was to quell Romney supporters and give them false confidence, then that job is done. And given the strategy, it would make sense that they want to do this. Ron Paul has never contested the primary states. He didn't campaign in Florida. At this point, with Gingrich and Santorum out, and Romney with the
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Fri, May 18 2012
  • Re: What is the current Money Supply?

    FRED. Learn it, love it, live it. Notice the increased slope (this is logarithmic scale). That means that the rate of increase in the money supply is increasing. The rate of the rate of increase is positive, which means accelerating growth in monetary supply. It's typically held very constant (though you can notice a bump in the early part of the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Wed, Feb 15 2012
  • Where do you get news?

    Obviously the major US outlets have become overrun with government propaganda and shills for authority. We never hear anything about the unfunded liabilities in this country, how poorly our foreign wars are going, how miserable a failure the welfare state has been, and how awful inflation really is. So, where do you get a more honest depiction of the
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, Feb 12 2012
  • Re: GOP Strategist: Ron Paul will be on GOP ticket

    [quote user="Chyd3nius"] Do you really think the whole America is going to end if Ron Paul is not chosen? I mean, another Great Depression is possible, but really, the end of America? [/quote] The debt crisis is coming to a head. The unfunded liabilities at $117 trillion cannot last. There's either going to be a massive inflation or massive
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, Feb 12 2012
  • Re: Ron Paul Wins Latest Straw Poll, Media Accuses Its Fixed! = 10/9/11

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] Well California is not really going to go Republican. [/quote] I could see California going for Paul, in that his war views would win over a lot of Democrats and the Republicans would vote for him because he's not Obama.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, Oct 9 2011
  • Re: How can we encourage production here in the United States?

    What people demand does not matter. If you are not worth what you are demanding, then you will not be hired. In the end, real wages tend toward marginal productivity. Africa is only going to get 6-7 X higher wages when they become 6-7 X more productive.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, Oct 9 2011
  • Re: How can we encourage production here in the United States?

    That is a very shallow analysis. Getting rid of tarriffs would make goods enormously cheaper. The same would be true of food if we got rid of farm subsidies. Nominal wages may go down, true, but we're concerned with real wages.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sun, Oct 9 2011
  • Re: How can we encourage production here in the United States?

    It's not just about price. You have to remember productivity. The US has the highest wages because the US has the most skilled workers. Now for those whose marginal productivity is lower than minimum wage, you face a problem. They get no income and businesses can't hire them. This is why Peter Schiff has been on a tear lately about minimum wage
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tony Fernandez on Sat, Oct 8 2011
Page 1 of 23 (223 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options