  • Re: The Shaving Cream Racket

    I have to admit that the second time I tried it I didn't have as good an experience. I didn't do it right out of the shower but just held a hot wet towel on my skin. I'll keep at it for a couple of weeks to see how well my skin and technique adapt. It would probably be better if I had soft water.
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Jan 7 2011
  • Re: Could Rand Paul destroy the World?

    I think of Mises Bricklayer example. By raising the debt ceiling we are just covering up the fact that we cannot pay our debts and letting the problem get worse. I think the mistake that everyone is making is that there is a "right" way to fix the economy. We passed the 'point of no return' long ago. The best we can do now is crack
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by boohickey11 on Wed, Jan 5 2011
  • Re: The Shaving Cream Racket

    I've shaved with a DE razor for years (except in the last year since that look isn't "in"). But I've been shaving again lately and I tried the Tucker method yesterday. I figured it would hurt for a week and then my face would adjust. Instead it actually worked far better than I imagined. It feels different, like you're shaving
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Wed, Jan 5 2011
  • Re: Happy New Year folks!

    We head into 2011, a year that I believe may be known as "the bad year." Events that will unfold before us despite our best efforts may destroy our hope and spirit. We must try not to lose our poise. Do not give in to fear or hate. Do not sink in the sea of ignorance under waves of coercion for it is our burden to be a guide to those who would
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Dec 31 2010
  • Re: Interning/Voluteering in a foreign country.

    I worked at a TV station throughout college. I did a LOT of cabling. I supervised the student crew when setting up for sports broadcasts. I was in charge of making sure the right equipment made it to the setup and back to the station. I did cable repair in dorms. I helped setup for uplinks. If you saw Rand Paul on Fox News uplinked from Bowling Green
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Dec 31 2010
  • Re: Interning/Voluteering in a foreign country.

    I certainly don't want to go back to school. For me the best case scenario would be to find an internship (paid or unpaid) that is EE related in Quebec. I'm always thinking long term as well. I think about what's coming up in America and that I will need more than money to get what I want out of life. I guess I'll just keep looking.
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Dec 31 2010
  • Re: Interning/Voluteering in a foreign country.

    I recently applied for temp position as an Administrative Assistant which as far as I can tell is just a knotch above Secretary.
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Dec 31 2010
  • Interning/Voluteering in a foreign country.

    I'm one of those recent graduates (BS Electrical Engineering) who can't find a job. My options are to keep lowering my standards until I find employment ( I'm living off savings) or to take this opportunity to volunteer or intern in a French speaking country so that I can become fluent. I've learned a lot on my own with Rosetta Stone
    Posted to General (Forum) by boohickey11 on Fri, Dec 31 2010
  • Re: Almost makes one like hitler... ( a guilty defense of nazi germany)

    I feel like you are a Nazi appologist trying to sound facetious to cover your tracks. If so then go to hell. If not then stop wasting my time.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by boohickey11 on Wed, Dec 22 2010
  • Re: A question about welfare

    A good argument is quick and to the point. When the person starts with a "Who's gonna help the poor innocent..." blah blah, just respond by saying, "why don't you help them." These kind of people don't understand logic. They only understand when they are brought out as hypocrites in front of other people.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by boohickey11 on Wed, Dec 15 2010
Page 1 of 5 (42 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | More Search Options