  • Re: 16th amendment

    DBratton and Mar B., I respectivaly disagree with you both. The arguments against the 16th amendment are neither specious nor frivolous. It doesn't matter if it was duly ratified, the 16th amendment violates the 5th amendment: "nor shall any person be deprived of live, liberty, and property without due process of law." The Bill of Rights
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Jeff on Fri, May 1 2009
  • Re: What is the Downside of the 14th Amendment?

    I understand why many libertarians are against the 14th amendment, especially in which the manner it was created (federal coercion of the Southern states). But the first section of the 14th amendment, in my opinion, is nothing more than an extension the Bill of Rights to the states. Before the 14th amendment, the Bill of Rights was strictly prohibiting
    Posted to History (Forum) by Jeff on Fri, May 1 2009
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | More Search Options