  • Post Japanese economic collapse

    Was wondering what the good reading material is out there for this. I would prefer to read a book but if there is any solid reading online that someone would recommend, I'll check it out. I'm interested in how the bubble was created and how it burst but mainly in the aftermath. How the average citizen was effected and what some did in order
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jmorris84 on Tue, Sep 22 2009
  • Re: Are you against any government program?

    [quote user="whipitgood"] [quote user="Spideynw"]Do you still pay your taxes? If you do, then you are part of the problem. [/quote] How long until your jail sentence begins? You'll write us letters from the inside, right? Oh, and don't drop the soap. Me, I'll be proselytizing for our cause. It's easier to do when
    Posted to General (Forum) by jmorris84 on Wed, Sep 16 2009
  • Re: Anti-Monopoly Board Game

    Stopped reading here... [quote] It has taught the multitudes what they know about how an economy works.[/quote]
    Posted to General (Forum) by jmorris84 on Mon, Sep 14 2009
  • Re: 9/11

    Located at the bottom of the article... [quote]Author's Note: What you have just read didn't actually happen... yet.[/quote]
    Posted to General (Forum) by jmorris84 on Tue, Sep 8 2009
  • Re: Private NYC fire companies in the 1800s

    [quote user="Knight_of_BAAWA"] HuffPo--that's your first mistake right there. [/quote] It's not the only place that I have read it. So, with that being said, any insite to the issue would be greatly appreciated. I'd like some material or insite to read to get a better understanding of what exactly went wrong, how the companies
    Posted to History (Forum) by jmorris84 on Sun, Sep 6 2009
  • Re: Private NYC fire companies in the 1800s

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tina-dupuy/firefighting-in-the-1800s_b_247936.html
    Posted to History (Forum) by jmorris84 on Sun, Sep 6 2009
  • Private NYC fire companies in the 1800s

    I've read that these for-profit fire companies ended up being a disaster. Any insite on the issue?
    Posted to History (Forum) by jmorris84 on Sun, Sep 6 2009
  • Re: Currency question

    [quote user="Daniel"] There is no "we". Only individuals act. [/quote] Can you expand on that? How would a country that reverts back to a gold standard import goods from a country running on fiat? I sit here and think, "they wouldn't" but maybe I am wrong. Edit - Forget that. I see a flaw in my question.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jmorris84 on Thu, Sep 3 2009
  • Re: How WOULD roads be paid for in a free market?

    [quote user="McDuffie"] I don't think so. I think tolls would be important, but would be about the same as a newspaper charging you 25 cents to procure a copy. I think that side-of-the-road billboard advertising and side-of-the-road property rentals would be, by far, the larger source of income. [/quote] I'm sure that the private owners
    Posted to General (Forum) by jmorris84 on Wed, Sep 2 2009
  • Re: How WOULD roads be paid for in a free market?

    It would vary, depending on the type of road we are talking about. A major highway would most likely be funded by tolls. Roads in a housing development would most likely be paid for by the residents who live there. The difference being that a private company would be taking care of the services, not the state.
    Posted to General (Forum) by jmorris84 on Wed, Sep 2 2009
Page 48 of 52 (514 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options