  • Re: What is the point?

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="Mingy Jongo"]So is your plan of action is to educate masses and then plan a non-violent "attack" towards governmen[/quote] No. My plan is to live as free as I can, and spread ideas of economic freedom. I haven't decided the best way for this yet. Do I write? Do I speak? Do
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • Re: What is the point?

    I see. So is your plan of action is to educate masses and then plan a non-violent "attack" towards government? That seems like it could work to some degree. Maybe not get rid of it completely, but at least keep them in line.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • Re: What is the point?

    [quote user="liberty student"] Well, there is no incentive for the rulers to change anything towards reform. The incentives are for the rulers to continue to change things away from reform and towards more power. And the incentives for the ruled, as you mentioned, eventually become to act against the rulers when they have become too oppressive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • Re: What is the point?

    [quote user="filc"] [quote user="Mingy Jongo"]but not too much to where the ruled are overall unhappy and better off revolting[/quote] The point is that line is derived subjectively. Just because your neighbor is willing to submit doesn't mean you will be. To some of us freedom is paramount. Your assumption is that society can
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • What is the point?

    There are two groups of people in society: the rulers and the ruled. If the rulers can rule just enough so that they are not replaced, but not too much to where the ruled are overall unhappy and better off revolting, they can greatly benefit. So I ask, what is the point of the ruled spending time and money trying to reform a system that is controlled
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Mon, Oct 19 2009
  • Re: Animal Cruelty vs Property Rights

    Can anyone honestly see people respecting another's 'right' to torture their pets? It seems like something that is almost universally deplored.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Thu, May 7 2009
  • Re: The Prisoner's Dilemma, or: Why Forced Charity is Harmful to Society

    [quote user="liberty student"]No matter what the situation, people need economic opportunities more than handouts. It's better to employ a man, than to pay him to sit at home doing nothing. It is better to find something the old can do that is productive, than to pay them to wait out their days, or provide a retirement lifestyle because
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Wed, May 6 2009
  • Re: I came here to learn. Will anyone help me?

    I want to say my final opinion on the soccer ball controversy. The ball is in my neighbor's yard by my actions. I must pay restitution for damages. It sits there untouched by me until (1) I agree to tresspassing/service fees, (2) my neighbor agrees to buy it, or (3) I get some kind of contraption that lets me reach it without touching the ground

    [quote user="liberty student"] http://royhalliday.home.mindspring.com/enjoy.htm I don't believe punishment serves any value. I want full restitution, including my costs of collecting, my time. Beyond that, I have no claim to further retribution. [/quote] Wow. This is going to sound really stupid, but here goes. I read the "eye for
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Wed, May 6 2009
  • Re: I came here to learn. Will anyone help me?

    I have a question that may change everything... LS, I was under the impression that the libertarian view of restitution/retribution was "two eyes for an eye"... I think I read it in the Ethics of Liberty, but now I'm not so sure. I developed my system in response to that, because it seemed unfair to apply that to accidents. But after reading
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Mingy Jongo on Wed, May 6 2009
Page 1 of 24 (237 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options