  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    [quote user="Brainpolice"] [quote user="tacoface"] Hahahahahahaha, my god man, what is it then if it is not aggression? [/quote] What is what? What's "it"? Klemm breaking into Tom's house? Well, using a loose definition of "aggression" that includes "aggression" against inanimate objects and
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    Of course, I have no significant qualms with austrian economics whatsoever, but you're right - it can't be conflated with a libertarian political theory in a broad sense. Yeah, having read HA, MES, and Mises' works on the epistemology of economic theory I have to say I largely agree with a Misesian or hardcore Austrian analysis. But that's
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    "Klem Bubble". You are either a troll that I've been taking too seriously or are horrible at formal debate. These are not mutually exclusive positions. Also, Austrian Economics does not equal libertarianism, you bunch of jackasses.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    BP: No, I don't interact with intellectually dishonest half-trolls. Lies! I've been watching you do it for pages upon pages. Maybe what you meant to know is that you should know better than to interact with libertrollians?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    Brainpolice: Cigarettes are a symbol of the fire of the mind, therefore you are evil if you do not smoke. Hahaha. Are you a meestik ?!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    Juan: Yes, calling people you can't refute "ideologues" is a typical marxist technique - petit bourgeoises use their own logic, blah blah. Citing the difficulty of having a profitable conversation with ideologues is not the same as positing polylogism, nor is it fallacious - because it wasn't intended to be an argument against your
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    [quote user="Sage"] Wow... 500 posts and counting. This must be a new record! Perhaps this is relevant: “How many a dispute could have been deflated into a single paragraph if the disputants had dared to define their terms.” - Aristotle [/quote] Good advice for a debate, but it presumes all of the participants know what they're
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    Juan : The thing is, you are just another ideologue (as per Vichy's idiotic (and marxist?) definition). Marxist? What are you smoking and where can I get it? And do you even know what a Marxist is? I suspect not. Brainpolice : When was I dealt "a crushing blow"? Probably when Hans Hoppe proved the non-agression axiom :P Nihilism is a word
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Sterba libertarian critique

    [quote user="Juan"][quote user="Danny"]John Rawls [/quote] Basically a social-democrat n'est-ce pas ? [/quote] Rawls isn't a social democrat, he's a welfare liberal and there are important distinctions. For example, welfare liberals are interested in giving individuals their due as the criterion for a just society, whereas
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Fri, May 29 2009
  • Re: Cute Song for Libertarian Dorks

    More like, I can't stand the subject, content and message of most music. Also, I'm an intellectual; this kind of is what I care about. I like all sorts of music. I like Wagner, Strauss and Carl Orff. But I usually know the lyrics to the operas I like...and, well, Strauss composed stuff about Nietzsche so who can resist? The '2001' ending
    Posted to General (Forum) by Vichy on Mon, May 11 2009
Page 1 of 16 (160 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options