  • Re: First Post

    [quote user="Freiheit"] [quote user="krazy kaju"] "I think Hoppe is the leading Austrian scholar right now. His 'argumentation ethics' is genius and I agree with his stance on statist immigration." [/quote] Are you effing serious??! Guido Hulsmann is the heir to Rothbard that Hoppe could only ever hope to be! Hoppe's
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Manny Mars on Tue, May 12 2009
  • Re: The shortest explanation of the ABCT you can give me...

    [quote user="Sukrit Sabhlok"] The WORST depression in the history of the United States happened after the creation of a central bank. Before that, all recessions were relatively short - 1 or 2 years tops. We have had severe economic turmoil despite the proliferation of regulations. Think of the stagflation of the 1970s, or the current Great
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Mon, May 11 2009
  • Re: The shortest explanation of the ABCT you can give me...

    [quote user="McDuffie"] Would be most appreciated. I am about to go up against a true intellectual: He has 2 PhDs, but he doesn't know a goddamned thing about economics. Here is what he said "Regulation is the issue. Turns out that when the markets were unregulated (before the Great Depression) the country went through boom/bust cycles
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Mon, May 11 2009
  • Re: Price Deflation is "bad"?

    [quote user="anonnymous"] [quote user="krazy kaju"] [quote user="anonnymous"]Say the government bypassed the Fed and started printing silver certificates to pay its debts, at what point would it become better to hold silver certificates than Federal Reserve notes/ Also, if the government chose to do such a thing would it
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Fri, May 8 2009
  • Re: Price Deflation is "bad"?

    Friend, How is in not stealing? When kings would collect taxes in Gold they would debase them by taking gold from the coins, and mixing the rest with lesser metals. Inflating the economy. Counterfiting."Fractional" gold coins were passing as pure gold coins. Fast forward to when gold certs came into play. When you print more paper (Note that
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Fri, May 8 2009
  • Re: What stocks to invest in now?

    Go to my partners site. www.omegabullion.com
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Fri, May 8 2009
  • Re: Earmark Question

    [quote user="cryptocode"] [quote user="krazy kaju"] I know it's a red herring for conservatives. My point being that since earmarks are really a redirection of money away from the executive branch towards a single Congressman's district, it could be possible for the Congressman to arrange some kind of deal to ease the burden
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Manny Mars on Wed, May 6 2009
  • Re: Earmark Question

    [quote user="krazy kaju"] I know it's a red herring for conservatives. My point being that since earmarks are really a redirection of money away from the executive branch towards a single Congressman's district, it could be possible for the Congressman to arrange some kind of deal to ease the burden of taxes. For example, if I'm
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Manny Mars on Wed, May 6 2009
  • Re: abolish income tax? How does government have revenue?

    There is a reason the founding Fathers did not impliment or condone the idea of a federal income tax. The answer is in the constitution! As Dr. PAul states many times, it simply asserts the fact that 1. Gov. owns you and gives you the privillage of return on your labor. 2. It is destructive to a free market.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Wed, May 6 2009
  • Re: Non-Gold currencies?

    The interest rate would then totaly depend upon savings. Yes Credit cards would be used less, but remember, under a gold standard, its the purchasing power that makes all the difference. So, under a gold standard, and 100% reserve banking, we would swipe less, and at the same time being able to purchace the same, if not more.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Manny Mars on Wed, May 6 2009
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options