  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="wilderness"] So he violated property rights. He didn't merely copying them - he stole them. He walked onto his yard, into the house, and fiddled around his desk. He's a criminal. What's this have to do with intellectual property?[/quote] So invitation in the home does not mean one has access to the home? So it is theft
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="wilderness"]Sees them how?[/quote] Laying on the desk, or on the screen of Tom's computer - Dick was at an engagement at Tom's House, so he was invited into the home, I thought I said that... [quote user="wilderness"]And the rest of your scenario...[/quote] That is what I want to know from the people who think
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    I like the apple example... So now you tell me that it is compassionate that this apple will nourish you, who has no other access to food, and you tell me it is my social responsibility to give you the apple by sacrifice, because I have the apple, I must be better off... Without touching me your tears have aggressed against my property because sacrifice
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="JonBostwick"] You are misusing the language. Not your fault, you've learned to do it from others. Copying something is not the same thing as taking it.[/quote] OK... Let us say Tom creates a car that runs on sunshine and farts, stinky but completely free energy, and said theoretical product performs comparably to the current
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="JonBostwick"] [quote user="Harry Felker"]You are right we have come a long way from Constitutional Government, this is my purpose, to return us to the begining, before the laws that dictate rights are privileges, before the government could interpret the intent of the Constitution and had to adhere to the plain English
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="Harry Felker"] Liberty is a responsibility , it is a fragile idea that if not treated with respect and not responsibly cared for, it will be taken away...[/quote] No, it is not. It can only be taken away by force, which is wrong. It isn't lost unless someone takes positive action (implying
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    [quote user="wilderness"] Yes I talked about what a government based on rights has evolved into. And no these have always been natural rights inherent in the individual. The governments have liked to say otherwise. The U.S. Constitution didn't change this. Natural rights go back before the U.S.[/quote] Obviously, the Constitution is the
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    You just defined patents and copyrights, not intellectual property. Intellectual property is the idea of owning ideas, plain and simple. Patents and copyrights are not the ideas, but rather the protections on those Ideas, so I stand by my definition... And the letter A is a product of the concept of the mind... It was... The person(s) who generated
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    When I speak of morality, I am speaking of the general morality, the things people agree on as basic morality... It is basically what I call the do not be a douche code (sorry if this offends anyone), but this means taking life, liberty and happiness (property) from people is not moral, basically similar to your NAP, with the added sentiment from the
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
  • Re: Hello, I am new to the Community

    Here, the theoretical contry that has limited government, I am sorry there is no example in reality since the declination into authoritarianism of the United States, courtesy of the Civil War, predominantly, though the seeds are a lot earlier... I use Merriam-Webster to define Republic for me... b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Wed, May 20 2009
Page 73 of 76 (751 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options