  • Re: Theocrat Gary North: No ally of mine.

    [quote user="Ricky James Moore II"] I like how you defended him/ignored it.Makes me so confident in An-caps,Mises.org and lew rockwell.com ! " and doesn't insist on co-opting non-Calvinists into it I don't really care. " No he does doesn't say it only applies to calvinists.He was it enforced by the state.Don't you
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Theocrat Gary North: No ally of mine.

    Posted by Scott F on Feb 27, 2011 Reading Gary North’s articles at lewrockwell.com, it’s easy to think he’s a hard line anti-statist. He takes an axe to the idea of bankers and politicians all over the place. So it’s tempting, to be happy to offer him a place at the table of anarchists. However digging deeper , you’ll quickly
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Debate between Objectivist, minarchist libertarian and anarchist libertarian.

    Anarchism as Constitutionalism: A Reply to Bidinotto -Roderick Long
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by AnonLLF on Wed, Feb 16 2011
  • Re: Growing corn for fuel consumes more fuel than it produces?

    Watch Food Inc. Corn is subsidized hence why corn made foods are so cheap thus gov subsidies to corn artificially cheapen corn made foods resulting in more obesity especially in the poor. Another corn fact is that it's worse to fed to cattle than grass.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Wed, Feb 16 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="skylien"] "Why the 'privately' owned? as if collective ownership is not private?" @Scott Hm. I don't understand how this "pivate collective ownership" plays out in real life. This sounds so contradicting and produces knots in my head. To make it clearer I want to replace following terms: Instead
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="Giant_Joe"] [quote]Did you just call me a marxist(again like LS did that one time)?[/quote] "He might have. But yes, I did." He did.Search communism minus marching bands.The level of stupidity here is astounding.Criticism outside a narrow band is marxism.Great way to straw man anarchist tradition.An-caps are not anarchists
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="Jack Roberts"] Private ownership because that is the definition of capitalism. capitalism: "an economic system based on private ownership of capital." (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)" Not an extensive definition.A terrible definition ,actually since it does not capture the essence. "A form of collective
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Scott F"]History mainly.The institutions and practices we have today came from somewhere and what we often think of as capitalism seems pretty much entangled with statism.[/quote] "Has any social phenomenon (system, philosophy) historically existed outside the realm of (or dis -entagled from
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Scott F"]Capitalism is a historic concept.It refers to the status quo which is often called corporatism but also traditionally refers to profit,interest and wage labour etc ... No because historically capitalism is/was synonymous with statism. ... Well it may not be called private property (depending
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="Giant_Joe"] [quote] "Capitalism and a free market are considered to be pretty much the same thing. A free market is used when referring exclusively to capitalism without a government, but it is still capitalism." Capitalism in the general mainstream use of the word is used when referring to trade of privately owned goods
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
Page 3 of 70 (694 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options