  • Re: Hoppe, Holcombe, and Walter Block

    Hoppe comes off a bit too like a nationalist on this issue.There's elements of far right fear mongering and the like in his arguments for limited immigration.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Scott F"]Thankfully Capitalism is not the same as a free market.[/quote] "What kind of a market is capitalism, then, if not free ? Or, in what ways is capitalism not a free market?" Capitalism is a historic concept.It refers to the status quo which is often called corporatism but also traditionally
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    "Capitalism and a free market are considered to be pretty much the same thing." By few except An-caps/vulgar libertarians and vulgar liberals.Note vulgar is here not used as an insult but is part of Kevin Carsons phrase indictating naivety or shallowness. "A free market is used when referring exclusively to capitalism without a government
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote]The state[/quote] "So, you are a free market capitalist that prefers the state's non-existence, then?" I'm not a ' free market capitalist'.Currently I'm doubtful such a thing is possible with a tendency towards thinking it is impossible.Thankfully Capitalism is not the same as a free
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Meritocracy is vulgar.

    [quote user="EmperorNero"] [quote user="Scott F"]Roderick Long has addressed that argument by Walter Block thus your objection fails. I can link to the article If you'd like.The basic point is this is only a tendency not a definitive guaranteed fact and so if prejudice's are strong enough they will negate the counterbalancing
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: What would be done about lobbying and regulation lobbying in a Free Market?

    [quote user="im_retarded"] "1) How could a free market deal with businessmen attempting to lobby politicians? I'm a market "anarchist", but in a minarchist state where gov't is only supposed to provide defense, what could be done about businessmen trying to re-integrate the government into the economy for special grants
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="Jack Roberts"] [quote user=" Scott F "] "I find these quasi-anarchism systems have bastardised true anarchism." The same could/is said about 'Anarcho'- capitalism. And I think it's pretty true. ...snip.. [/quote] " The basic definition of anarchism that is also commonly accepted is that it
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Scott F"]You've done it again.You've begged the question.You assume capitalism is free market/anarchy so to say it's involuntary to you makes no sense which logically follows given your definition.I'm questioning your definition.You have conflated capitalism with a free market/anarchy
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Scott F"]Your conflating capitalism with free market/anarchy.[/quote] Nope. In capitalism, who/what would stop you from voluntarily choosing communism, animalism, and/or door-knob fetishism provided that you leave all voluntary non-participants alone? Z. [/quote] You've done it again.You've
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Re: Meritocracy is vulgar.

    [quote user="resist272727"] [quote user="Scott F"]My point is that in this among other things, it's not enough to oppose the state.We need to oppose cultural authoritarianism and the state too.An-caps don't get that and until they do they're cutting the ground from under themselves.[/quote] "Give examples of cultural
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Feb 13 2011
Page 4 of 70 (694 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options