  • Re: Shooting the bubblegum thief: Defending the shopkeeper

    [quote user="liberty student"]I think what's happened is what happens in many online debates. Both side move further apart as the debate continues, rather than closer together on understanding. This doesn't always happen in debates, and I would love to be able to pin down why it happens.[/quote] LS, I think you are rare in that you
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AJ on Mon, Jun 15 2009
  • Re: Is the link between libertarian morality and utilitarianism mere coincidence?

    [quote user="Conza88"]Welcome! Good work on making it here and *applause* for the open mindedness to check out Anarcho-Capitalism. My response would be Natural Law . (Introduction to Natural Law by Murray N. Rothbard) [/quote] Thank you very much. I'll read it now. It's not as much open-mindedness as that I was a Ron Paul supporter
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AJ on Mon, Jun 15 2009
  • Is the link between libertarian morality and utilitarianism mere coincidence?

    Other (statist) political philosophies seem to involve trade-offs in every area: higher taxes, slower economy, and less freedom for every new government goodie. In sharp contrast, the libertarian/AnCap solution in a given area is generally purported to be an improvement in every single aspect. In other words, libertarian solutions almost always seem
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AJ on Mon, Jun 15 2009
  • Re: A big Fed misconception

    [quote user="Hermes on the day of your death"]But it is the wealthy elite that I speak of. I know it's a sin to attack our "most productive citizens," (who most just happened to be the descendant/ancestor of someone productive. Im not as suspicious of the Bill Gates new money as I am of the Rockefeller old money) but they are
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Jun 13 2009
Page 253 of 253 (2524 items) « First ... < Previous 249 250 251 252 253 | More Search Options