  • Re: Madame Blavatsky... the Universe as an acting being

    I mean for the purpose of interpreting the term "Omega." A posteriori: probability is defined as the ratio of heads to tails in a number of coin flips performed. A priori: where's the definition? But feel free to skip this; I'm just curious what definition of the term is used in defining the term Omega.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Fri, Dec 7 2012
  • Re: Madame Blavatsky... the Universe as an acting being

    What do you mean by the term "probability"? For example, how would you interpret the statement, "There is a 50% probability that this coin will come up heads"?
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Fri, Dec 7 2012
  • Re: Madame Blavatsky... the Universe as an acting being

    Wait, you're a frequentist?
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Fri, Dec 7 2012
  • Re: Basic research

    The Myth of Science as a Public Good . Classic video.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AJ on Mon, Dec 3 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Those comments are encouraging to see on reddit. The lazy part of me (that's all of me, actually) wants to just sit back and let Bitcoin dissolve state power, so that I don't have to bother arguing with statists.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    [quote user="Clayton"] What I'd really like to see is a Hawala -like system built on judge.me or a similar system. [/quote] Hmm, just found this . As for Hawala, it seems like some of the agents could stand to make a lot through arbitrage, etc. using bitcoins.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Bloomberg Businessweek: Dollar-less Iranians Discover Virtual Currency
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
  • Re: Time Travel is Impossible

    To avoid rehashing too much, here's an older thread that covers the main point I want to make. The Prezi presentation there is the heart of the heart of it.
    Posted to History (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
  • Re: Free Will and Libertarianism.

    Hashem, usefully defining conscious choice for me versus for other people seem different endeavors. I don't really *know* I have a subconscious or even a "brain." All I really know is I feel like I can make choices, and that's all that matters to me. For other people, yeah you could be on to something with the idea that you=your conscious
    Posted to General (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
  • Re: Help Me learn how to think things through systematically

    There are plenty of fallacies, errors, and simply inefficient acts of expression committed by nearly all thinkers. The idea is to purge as many of these errors as possible from your thinking and communication processes. Austrians are way further along at this than the mainstream, but not perfect by any means. I perceive Mises to be the best Austrian
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by AJ on Sat, Dec 1 2012
Page 5 of 253 (2524 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options