  • Re: "Che"

    “To send men to the firing squad, judicial proof is unnecessary. These procedures are an archaic bourgeois detail. This is a revolution! And a revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate.” – Che Guevara http://letterstoadyingdream.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/the-butcher-of-la-cabana-the-real-che/ Che the Butcher
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by camp_steveo on Thu, Dec 3 2009
  • Re: Ben Bernanke = Milton Freidman?

    Thank you for your replies. I have much to learn, but I must say that from my upbringing I have been taught to love Liberty, and I have come to believe that govt interventionism into the free market is against liberty in every sense of the word. I will continue to check in to this forum, and post when I can. Thanks again. ~SC
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by camp_steveo on Mon, Jun 29 2009
  • Re: Ben Bernanke = Milton Freidman?

    [quote user="ivanfoofoo"] I just don't think that Bernanke is really a Friedmanite. [/quote] I agree with this assesment. However, I really don'y know what Bernanke is. I am wondering if he even knows what he is. These are strange times we are living in... He will be lucky if they don't charge him with perjury, and if Paulson doesn't
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by camp_steveo on Sun, Jun 28 2009
  • Re: Ben Bernanke = Milton Freidman?

    Thank you for the link, I will read it later. [quote user="camp_steveo"] Had the Fed bought Treasuries in 1931 the money would have prevented the bank runs, thus preventing the collapse.[/quote] [quote user="Anarchist Cain"] Bought it with what? The Fed doesn't obtain a source of income. [/quote] I understand that the Fed was
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by camp_steveo on Sun, Jun 28 2009
  • Ben Bernanke = Milton Freidman?

    Please help me understand this. Milton Freidman said that the Federal Reserve could have prevented the Great Depression had they loosened money supply regulations. Now, Ben Bernanke is printing trillions out of thin air. Is Freidman's assesment wrong? I actually think what he is saying sounds correct. Had the Fed bought Treasuries in 1931 the money
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by camp_steveo on Sun, Jun 28 2009
  • Tracking The Second Great Depression

    Tracking The Second Great Depression http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-tracking-the-second-great-depression-2009-6#tracking-the-depressions-world-output-1 These tracking charts will strike fear in your heart. Is the bottom near, or is this the onset of a "super depression"?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by camp_steveo on Thu, Jun 18 2009
  • Re: Risks associated with auditing the Federal Reserve?

    I am debating a "liberal" in another forum who has brought these reports that show the results of the fed being audited. http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/files/BSTFRcombinedfinstmt20072008.pdf http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d09722r.pdf Why is HR1207 necessary if the federal reserve is already being audited? ~SC
    Posted to General (Forum) by camp_steveo on Wed, Jun 17 2009
  • Re: New Guy

    Thank you for your reply, and I will keep that in mind. I have a lot to learn before I can seriously debate in this forum, but I plan on sticking around and trying, so thanks again for your advice. ~SC
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by camp_steveo on Wed, Jun 17 2009
  • Re: New Guy

    No problem. I debate in a liberal forum A LOT, and I may have developed a quick defensive posture. No offense. As for Keynes school, no. I really had nothing specific in mind. I just didn't want to come across as "hateful" to any Keynesians that may be lurking. ~SC
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by camp_steveo on Wed, Jun 17 2009
  • Re: New Guy

    Such as what? Are you saying that Keynes has no valid points whatsoever? Please don't try to put words into my mouth either. I am strictly for laisse fairre govt policy.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by camp_steveo on Wed, Jun 17 2009
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options