  • Re: The Electric Universe

    That's a fair question. They certainly like to compartmentalize it as big vs small things, but I don't think anyone believes the Universe has multiple sets of physics. Maybe they do. To add a little meat to this. General Relativity explains gravity as a warp in space-time. You could take a snapshot of the universe and visualize the architecture
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: Jennifer Government

    I haven't played it yet, but I've seen some folks say CivCraft (a sort of mod to Minecraft, multiplayer experience) is a more realistic game experience for AnCaps. It apparently has the ability to create any type of political setup and there is supposedly a very strong and prospering AnCap community there.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    Except that it difers from the carrington event in that this one lasted for decades, if not centuries. They surmise it may have been the origin of worldwide sky god worship and mythology. I'll leave one more comment on traditional physics and leave it at that. It's well known that General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics are incompatible. It's
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    For anyone interested in something a little more substantial, this is one of the most compelling papers published for E.U. in the IEEE. Anthony Peratt's - Characteristics for the Occurence of a High-Current Z-Pinch as Recorded in Antiquity. Note: His investigation and thesis was completely independant of E.U. theory. He knew nothing of it at the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    >"Field" is a word and a concept. You are estopped from objecting to that fact, because even the nonsense you are posting comprises words and concepts. To this I do not object, a field is definitely a concept. However, we do not do physics with concepts, we do physics with objects. The study of concepts is reserved for philosphy. Physics
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    Your silly retort is more rational than anything they've come up with. Physics is the science of how the physical world works. Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that deals exclusively with particles or corpuscules. If they are going to posit the existence of a particle that carries a Force, like a gluon, they had better come up with a rational
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sat, Mar 16 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    I haven't heard any response from them and a quick search on their main site didn't yield any results. I'm not sure they even care what establishment physics claims any more. Quantum physics is just a theory of particles, so the only explanation it can have for anything is another particle. What's never explained ithe physical model
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sat, Mar 16 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    >They have achieved 2 out of 3 requirements for fusion: confinement time and minimum temperature threshold, they only lack the necessary plasma density. If only the plasma had enough density... like, for example, from having the weight of a frigging star bearing down on it. Huh? The Fusion projects are using electromagnetic Z-Pinches, a completely
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sat, Mar 16 2013
  • Re: 9/11, WTC 7, and stuff

    Wow, lots of information here. I've been completely unaware the level of skepticism folks have leveled at the 9/11 events. I've never given it much thought either way, but have never really considered the skeptics case. I watched several of the video's and wasn't very impressed. I am impressed at the depth of analysis in some of the
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Fri, Mar 15 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    One more thing I should have put in my first post that is worth clarifying. The Electric Model of the Sun does not reject fusion occuring in the Sun, only that it rejects the current theory of fusion occuring at the core of the Sun as the primary reaction. The Electric Model claims that very little if anything is happening below the surface. Instead
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Mar 14 2013
Page 2 of 14 (139 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options