  • Re: The Electric Universe

    I'd love to get a degree in economics, but I don't think it would pay as well...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Mar 14 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    Masters in Electrical Engineering Occupation in Semi-conductors
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Mar 14 2013
  • Re: The Electric Universe

    It's not just "Electric Physics", they are using established and understood physics of Plasma. The problem is that modern cosmologists have yet to fully digest and utilize plasma physics in their model's. Plasma physics is incredibly complex and does many things that do not seem obvious or common sense. I can understand the reason
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Mar 14 2013
  • Re: This Forum Is Closing, Austrianforum.com Is Back Open

    I don't post here as much as I probably should, but for what it is worth, this Forum and community had a huge influence on me becoming an An-cap. This is such a great resource for Liberty, too bad it's going down...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Re: A Grand Unified Theory of Light, The Atom, Gravity & Electro-Magnetism

    I guess it comes down to definitions. We can use whatever definitions you like, but Gaede has defined math and physics such that they are mutually exclusive. Physics: The science of existence or the study of objects. Where exist is defined as physical presence. Math: The science of dynamic concepts or the study of motion. Concept: A relationship between
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Dec 22 2011
  • Re: A Grand Unified Theory of Light, The Atom, Gravity & Electro-Magnetism

    I think you may be missing the point of his argument. He has no problem with mathematics for what it is, he only argues that mathematics is not an explanation of the real world. It is purely descriptive. The fact that electrical engineers can perfectly describe the behavior of circuits or other dynamic processes using mathematics is fine for the purposes
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Dec 22 2011
  • Re: A Grand Unified Theory of Light, The Atom, Gravity & Electro-Magnetism

    Ah yes, Thread Theory or the Rope Hypothesis. I stumbled across Mr. Gaede a year or so ago and have read his book. He may not have a very tactful approach and his website looks like it's stuck in 1995, but the content is impressive. His arguments against Relativity and Quantum are very compelling and I am convinced beyond all doubt they are complete
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Dec 22 2011
  • Re: Property is a right?

    "p.s. right to life? Liberty? That's moronic statements (no offense to OP). What I mean is that if one can make a leap of faith to believe one has a right to life, then one clearly can believe one has a right to property too. To me it's equally moronic. Again, no offense, nothing personal :D Yes, I am more like a believer in negative rights
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Orthogonal on Fri, Sep 9 2011
  • Property is a right?

    I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and am trying to come to terms with what is really meant when proclaiming property is a "Right". Libertarian theory usually boils it down to Life, Liberty and Property in the simplest of terms and the first two are evident enough. I am ME and my Life is inaliable, there for I have a right to my
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Orthogonal on Fri, Sep 9 2011
  • Re: Massive Earthquake + Tsunami in Japan

    [quote]Unfortunately some folks will probably see the silver lining in terms of 'Hey, we can use the cleanup etc to help stimulate the economy!!!".[/quote] It won't long before some Keynesian talking head says that its a horrible tragedy but at least they'll see huge economic growth. They said it after Katrina. <Keynesian> Natrual
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Orthogonal on Wed, Mar 16 2011
Page 3 of 14 (139 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options