  • Re: Some problematic scenarios

    [quote]What do you suggest I read about the problems I presented regarding conflict resolution with several law systems?[/quote] Start here: http://mises.org/store/Anarchy-and-the-Law-P335.aspx and here: http://mises.org/store/Enterprise-of-Law-The-Justice-without-the-State-P297.aspx critique of State Law system (download) http://mises.org/books/Freedom_and_the_Law_Leoni
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Mar 8 2011
  • Re: What kind of music do Austrians listen to?

    Reading over this thread there seems to be an unusually high number of prog fan's. At least, a lot more than would come from a random sample of the public. An interesting coincidence, perhaps a correlation? If my avatar hasn't already given it away for you, I'm a huge progressive rock/metal fan. I also enjoy classic rock, heavy metal and
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Orthogonal on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: An Anarchist critique of Anarcho-Statism:'Anarcho'-Capitalism and Anarchism.

    The entire article revolved around word play and semantics. It is pretty telling that they completely ignored praxeology and logical derivations from first principles. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I really don't care what they call us or what we call ourselves, i like voluntaryist. However, if Ancap really bugs them, I'll be sure
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Suggested Reading

    If you are just starting out all the material on the Mises store for beginners is a great place to start. http://mises.org/store/For-Beginners-C9.aspx Also, check out the "subject collections" for a list of material on the specific topics.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Feb 22 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    [quote user="Jeremiah Dyke"] I'm trying to show how property rights form in nature even though they still lack development in comparison to the human animal. Here is my notes onwolves http://jeremiahdyke.blogspot.com/2011/02/notes-on-wolves-and-territory-markings.html [/quote] Fascinating, I look forward to a polished and finished work
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Re: Who is the Next Ron Paul?

    [quote user="Ricky James Moore II"] I agree with you Nielsio. While I think Paul is probably a great guy personally, and while most of what he says I can agree with, I don't think it really helps much to be dancing with the devil. [/quote] I don't think RP has any illusions (delusions) that he's going to have direct impact or meaningful
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Re: IP for Music

    I don't have any hard data for it either, but I do listen to a lot of bands that are fairly "underground" and not at all popular. They make hardly any off the sale of album's but these groups tour extensively around the world. When done they have a brief vacation then hit the studio and go back out on tour again. Touring is their day
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    Great thread, I thought about starting one like this a while ago but didn't because I'm fairly thread starter averse. I've been on a huge reading tear as of late, but am starting to get a bit fatigued and burned out, but still I press on. Mostly Libertarian and AE books. I have a hard time reading fiction, for an activity that takes a lot
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Re: Form local Austrian chapter in Portlad, OR.

    I'll be in-and-out of portland quite a bit over the next few months. If I can make it, I'd love to come.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Mon, Feb 14 2011
  • Re: The showdown: Peter Joseph vs Stefan Molyneux

    This whole Zeitgeist movement is new to me and frankly quite sad. I just finished watching all their video's. I got into a few discussions with them as well that were both hilarious and disturbing. When I pinned them down, they admitted that there are many inexpensive and highly durable goods sold on the market that last for many years, their angst
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Feb 3 2011
Page 4 of 14 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options