  • Re: Gay Marriage

    MaikU, I think you're splitting hairs here. End the state regulation of the marriage institution and people will just call the partnership contracts "marriage contracts". It will still be marriage. I don't see what the problem is. It's State intervention that is problem, not the social relationships or the name.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Jul 1 2010
  • Re: Figuring Glenn Beck

    I used to think he was moving towards true Libertariansim, but I'm not so sure now. I know it's a process, it took me a few years, but I don't see him making a true transition any time soon. He is far too Nationalistic/Patriotic and far too invested in the Founders and the Constitution for him to make any more progress. His following won't
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Question: Things that are consistent in time?

    [quote] Prateek Sanjay The physics establishment is quite corrupt, and most of the physics in the past 100 years has been all inputs, no outputs. One may dare even say that even commonly held physics theories are not entirely true. Village Idiot Question: If the gravitational force by the moon is so strong that it revolves around the earth, how come
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Fri, Jun 25 2010
  • Re: E3 2010: What do you think?

    I was disappointed at the lack of "The Last Guardian" for PS3, it's the only console game I'm anticipating at the moment. I'm more of a PC gamer myself, so I am patiently awaiting Portal 2 and Civ 5. Both look to be amazing. Rage is getting a lot of hype, but so far it looks like Borderlands with better graphics. If it has a decent
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, Jun 24 2010
  • Re: Feedback On Switching My Major

    My recommendation would be to do whatever it is that you love doing most. I'd personally much rather have an ok paying job doing what I love vs a well paying job that I loathe going to every day. p.s. I'm an engineer and love my job.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Wed, Jun 23 2010
  • Re: Sidelines thread to Lilburne and Rettoper's debate, since we can't post in the actual debate thread

    I've been away from the forum's for a while and missed some developments here, but this whole thread is kind of silly don't you think? When I saw the thread on the front page challenging Lilburne to debate, I was excited and expecteda genuine scholarly debate, but was sadly disappointed. Why is anyone taking Rettopper seriously anymore,
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Orthogonal on Wed, Jun 23 2010
  • Re: Fun on the Hannity Forums

    [quote user="chloe732"] Aquila, I was thinking about this thread, and how I used to think when I was a conservative. It was economic issues that really cleared the way for me, ie, changed my thinking. If someone tried to hit me head on regarding my political beliefs, forget it. I would react with the same arguments they present here, and I
    Posted to General (Forum) by Orthogonal on Wed, Jun 23 2010
  • Re: Rand Paul...don't ever Stall Again, Stand Up For Private Property Rights

    I haven't been following Rand much lately ever since I heard of the interview where he implied some neo-con tendencies in his foreign policy. How is his platform now? Is he really a younger Ron Paul? Or should we be worried about him carrying the torch for a Libertarian message.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, May 20 2010
  • Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

    Mine is ok, but I have seen it on other users profile pages come and go over the last few weeks (maybe months). Wasn't sure if you knew about it, but looks like you have it under control now.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Orthogonal on Thu, May 6 2010
  • Re: Left-Democrat / Right-Republican to Mises?

    Naevius, That is strikingly similar to my history. Throw in Ron Paul around 2007 and we would have nearly identical stories. I'm just a little further than you in the "kicking and screaming to anarcho-capitalsm" since I'm already there,
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Orthogonal on Sun, Apr 18 2010
Page 7 of 14 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options