  • Re: Externalities

    Regarding the thinning of fish supplies, Rothbard addresses that subject in "For a New Liberty", chapter 13, pages 314-317. Basically, the problem is a lack of private property rights in the ocean. Nobody can own a part of the ocean, so instead of farming and conserving the resources within a given section of ocean, fishing companies are encouraged
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Aug 11 2009
  • Re: Ron Paul is spreading the idea of freedom globally!

    [quote user="Laughing Man"] Schiff is working against the institution and therefore besides spreading awareness of somethings, he will not get much done [ which in a way is also a benefit because with government politicians actually doing nothing is better then doing something ] [/quote] Actually, I think people with minority opinions like
    Posted to General (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Aug 11 2009
  • Re: What is interest?

    Okay, thanks for the help. Where else can I read some more about this subject?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Jul 21 2009
  • Re: What is interest?

    So can we calculate interest outside of the loans market? I understand time-preference, but I'm trying to understand interest outside of the loans market.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Jul 21 2009
  • Re: What is interest?

    So is interest always associated with loans or not? From your answers, I get the feeling that if we didn't have loans and had to invest using savings only that what is called 'profit' would also be equivalent to 'interest'. Is this true or have I misunderstood?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Jul 21 2009
  • What is interest?

    Hey all, I've seen this topic come up before, I've read Human Action completely including the section on originary interest, and I'm half-way through chapter 6 of MES regarding interest, yet my head hurts when I try to explain to myself or to anyone else what interest is and how it works. Let me ask my question: What is interest? One answer
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mijokijo on Tue, Jul 21 2009
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | More Search Options