  • Re: Someone in the Mises Institute Finally Said It...

    There is a big difference between the two. Satoshi Kanazawa is pure huckster. He'll invent any controversial hypothesis and do some feeble token of "research" to pad the pages. Hoppe is not saying anything hitherto unheard of. I don't buy his exact explanation, but one could take as example the fact that jews in the US have far higher
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Sun, Mar 31 2013
  • Re: Thoughts on Gender?

    [quote]I think gender roles are almost entirely the product of nurture, but by "nurture" I'm talking about millennia of enforced cultural norms. From my own research, I've concluded that humans in their "natural" state are essentially the same as bonobos when it comes to sexual behavior (at least).[/quote] My conclusion is
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Sun, Mar 31 2013
  • Re: The Path From Being Austrian to Being Keynesian.

    It's mostly about money, is it not? You can probably put #20 on the end of any list and people will slide toward it. Research costs money and researchers don't work for free.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Sun, Mar 31 2013
  • Re: Pay kids to do chores or no?

    [quote]Then to teach your kids about taxation and wealth redistribution randomly take stuff away from them and give it to the kid down the street. Punish them for harshly for minor transgressions and when they object tell them that ignorance is not an excuse and if they don't like it they can move to Detroit.[/quote] On a serious note, trying to
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Tue, Mar 26 2013
  • Re: Anyone know anything about law for online businesses?

    I started learning java last summer. I've been working on my own commercial political-economic game in java+lwjgl (opengl wrapper). Nearly everything is somehow more or less derived from existing works. What it comes down to it seems is how much attention it attracts and how much stupidity lawyers can think up to spew in court to make it seem like
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Mon, Mar 25 2013
  • Re: Thoughts on Gender Roles?

    Also about attractiveness ratings: when you rate images you are normalizing the data from your previous experience to determine how to allocate ratings to the images in the test set. The "raw data" is already normalized in any such test. The variation between different test groups is a product of that haphazard process as much as anything
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Mon, Mar 25 2013
  • Re: Thoughts on Gender?

    What Clayton said about male vs female attractiveness being objective is meaningless. We have subjective value theory because values are not intrinsic properties of objects. Beauty is not a physical property of a viewed object any more than it is a property of the viewer. A belief is generally considered objective when it is held by everyone. What we
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Wed, Mar 13 2013
  • Re: Hiroshima

    [quote]Also, these aren't "randomly" selected people. I'll let you think about that one.[/quote] There's nothing to think about. Universal conscription is random except for selecting males over 18. Therefore, any claim that Japanese soldiers were an outlier is ipso facto a claim that Japanese people in general are an outlier. Anyone
    Posted to History (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Tue, Aug 21 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    [quote]In my opinion, the japanese soldier was brutal and a scumbag devoid of honor and nobility, their Bushido notwithstanding.[/quote] That is just plain gullible. Any notion that a randomly selected group of people, such as a regular army, is significantly abnormal is bogus. It's like saying that everyone with red hair in 1981 was a mad killer
    Posted to History (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Tue, Aug 21 2012
  • Re: PedoBear Protection Agencies

    At least one study found that the most attractive age for females faces is 17. E phebophilia is the norm and it's closer to 100% than 7% that fit into that category
    Posted to General (Forum) by Caley McKibbin on Tue, Aug 21 2012
Page 5 of 302 (3017 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options