  • Re: Ron Paul Gets Double Page Spread in Major UK Newspaper

    They said that Hayek was the founder of Austrianism...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by VanDoodah on Sun, Jan 10 2010
  • Re: Are Minarchists closet apologists for Stalin?

    Albert Jay Nock and H.L. Mencken were both anarchists.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Fri, Jan 8 2010
  • Re: Rothbard

    I haven't read those books, but yes, they will be promoting anarcho-capitalism. If you want a book about limited government libertarianism (usually referred to here as minarchism, although I personally prefer the term classical liberalism), then I recommend Ludwig von Mises' "Liberalism: The Classical Tradition". Friedrich von Hayek's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Thu, Dec 24 2009
  • Re: A challenge to minarchist

    [quote user="Niccolò"] [quote user="Jared"] If the law says to pay taxes, and somebody breaks the law, they are not innocent of breaking the law. Would I have the right? No, as president I would have the obligation to enforce law. What are the libertarian ideals, exactly, which contradict presidents performing their paid functions
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Fri, Dec 18 2009
  • Re: Anarchy v Minarchy

    "...how does this group justify themselves having power? Do they have special rights?" Governments are ELECTED. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. If you have a problem with democracy, then please feel free to go into more detail. "Secondly, what's wrong with hiring your own security?" Nothing. You are free to do so even
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Fri, Dec 18 2009
  • Re: Conservative??? Most are really not, are you?...

    Isolationism and non-interventionism are not the same thing. Isolationism combines a non-interventionist foreign policy with economic protectionism, whereas non-interventionism refers to a foreign policy opposing war and "entangling alliances", as George Washington put it. "Conservative" is just a word, and anyone is welcome to it
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Fri, Dec 18 2009
  • Funny parody of anarchism and libertarianism

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by VanDoodah on Thu, Nov 12 2009
  • Hello Mises Community

    I've posted a few times on here before, but I thought I'd better formally introduce myself. I'm a teenager who became interested in politics and economics essentially because the British New Labour government has done such a terrible job. Being from an upper-middle-class, slightly guilty for being well-off British-Irish family, I always
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by VanDoodah on Sun, Oct 25 2009
  • Re: Ayn Rand

    Objectivism: A philosophy covering ethics, politics, metaphysics, epistemology, and aesthetics. Its ethics are rational egoism. It supports a minimal, or "night-watchman", state. It supports state monopolies on money, the legitimate use of force i.e. the police, the military, and intelligence-gathering agencies, land, and legal systems. It
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by VanDoodah on Sat, Oct 24 2009
  • Should I Buy "Human Action"?

    Hello all, It's my eighteenth birthday coming up in a few weeks, and I was wondering whether or not it would be worth buying Ludwig von Mises' Human Action . I'm pretty new to economics, having only really read some Hayek and Rothbard as far as Austrian School economists go, so I'm wondering if I should start with something simpler or
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by VanDoodah on Sun, Oct 18 2009
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options