  • Re: Pro's and Con's to a Democratic Hierarchy

    I think that, even if politicians in this system would honestly try to represent their constituents (and many wouldn't), it would be like a game of political telephone. Your political inclinations would be drowned out by any greater majorities at the local, state, federal, AND presidential level, or severely distorted if they actually made it that
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Justin Spahr-Summers on Sun, Aug 16 2009
  • Re: Externalities

    [quote user="liberty student"]I stopped reading the walls of text on the last page.[/quote] In response to your question about "institutionalizing the most violent and criminal among us as absolute authority," I posted the question, "The most violent and criminal according to whom, and by what measure?" but got no reply
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Justin Spahr-Summers on Sat, Aug 15 2009
  • Re: Externalities

    [quote user="liberty student"] Because man is irrational, do you feel that we are best served by institutionalizing the most violent and criminal among us as absolute authority? [/quote] I ask this in all seriousness, and not trying to be rude: the most violent and criminal according to whom, and by what measure?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Justin Spahr-Summers on Sat, Aug 15 2009
  • Re: Externalities

    Most of the second paragraph falls under tort law, or at least such laws under a minarchist system. I don't have a good reply to the first paragraph - I'd be interested to see answers for that as well. As for taxation/finance (assuming we're not talking about anarcho-capitalism), government-mandated lotteries have been suggested in place
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Justin Spahr-Summers on Tue, Aug 11 2009
Page 42 of 42 (414 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 | More Search Options