  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    FREEDOM: "freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control." ARBITRARY: "choices and actions which are considered to be done not by means of any underlying principle or logic, but by whim or some decidedly illogical formula." ---------------------- Forum Participants - I came here hoping to find thinkers. I found them. I
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Tue, Aug 18 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Wilderness asked how a government gets its operating funds. It gets them from the agreement that all who wish to benefit from the fruits of what the government does shall pay a certain fair fee for the expenses incurred. Thus, if a government raises a force to protect its citizens, and to referee the playing field of commerce, then all who are citizens
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Tue, Aug 18 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Hello - Yes, I do believe that individuals have the right of property. As to reading the links provided, I will do so where they seem relevant -- and some good ones have been given, thanks. As to an earlier commenter here (not wilderness) If you are suggesting that I cannot converse with you until I have been specifically indoctrinated, then I simply
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Liberty Student wrote: "The roads, the roads, they always start with the roads. There is no reason why a national highway system is needed, and if it is, there is no reason why it cannot be built privately either by one operator, or a series of operators with connected highways." Questions: We could argue that a national highways system promotes
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Debaters - I thank you for the debate, and am unconcerned with any tone. My primary interest is in education, and in learning, and so all that is required are open minds by all involved who share such an interest. Of course a certain structure makes the process much more efficient -- a case for just governance, is it not? As you have noted, I came here
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Hello DD5 - You make a good point about coercion. If you read the manifestion you will see that our intent is not to coerce anybody. To the contrary, the manifesto is up for debate and I again thank you for honoring that with a good point. The manifesto is fluid, and thus not seeking to coerce anyone. When it is done, it will be simply a set of ideas
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Very well sir, my definition of Liberty: "freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control." And, that definition, I would add, is not arbitrary. It is taken from Dictionary.com as the primary definition of Liberty. See: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberty You will note, that nowhere in that definition is either the need
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Wilderness wrote: "First - define liberty. I'll wait for your response." I am first waiting for a respectful response to the four points above, which were specific responses to one of the first posts here. Why? Because that is what those who are following a chronological order in a debate, and have specific and logical replies, do when
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Juan Wrote: "...you really don't fully grasp political philosophy and yet you act as if you did." Sir, the implication, that you DO grasp political philosophy remains unproven. Simply because you hang out with some peers who subscribe to your interpretation of political theory is no evidence of either political acumen, or clear thinking
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    Liberty Student: The phrase "slave to democracy" is an oxymoron The phrase "voluntary control" is unclear because it assumes that one agrees with the control - can you cite examples of free people who agree to submit to control Your phrase "from our point of view" suggests that a group of anarchists who oppose control,
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LibertyPatriot on Mon, Aug 17 2009
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options